Monday 7 October 2013

Face of the Day with Dior Airflash CC Primer

Since coming back from America I have had so much new makeup to try, I don't know where to start! I'll try and do more face of the day posts as I try out more things!

Base

Dior Airflash CC Primer - I hadn't heard anything about this primer before trying it, but it had just been released in Sephora and it caught my eye. This promises to instantly enhance your complexion in 'one incredibly easy step'. 
This is a like a spray can, with a very fine mist. You shake it up and then spray all over your face. There is really not much colour to it, I have done a very condensed spray on my hand below to show you but when sprayed evenly over your face, very little colour is distributed. Now as far as colour correcting, I think this does very little. There is just no coverage to it, it may slightly even out my redness but in all honestly I cant really tell a difference.
Although its a fail on the colour correcting, I am torn as I actually really like this as a primer. Its so easy and quick to spray on in the morning and because its so light it doesn't feel like I have anything on, which is nice because sometimes you don't want layers of makeup on your face. My makeup also seems to last the day with this, I have some shine by the end of the day but all my makeup is still there.

L'oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder - This is a really good foundation and its just been released in the UK but with a different name "Nude Magique Eau de Teint". It has a very runny consistency which I like, as it means its not as thick on the skin. I love the finish of this as its very skin like, I'm not saying it doesn't look like you are wearing foundation but its not overly matte or glowy, so it looks much more like skin. It reminds me of the finish of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, so if you like a more natural foundation I would highly recommend this.

Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen - This is a very good under eye concealer, with just the right amount of coverage to brighten without looking cakey. It is pricey though and as every brand and their mother have released a highlighting concealer pen, you can definitely find an equally good but cheaper alternative.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - I love this concealer for spots as it has a good amount of coverage but isn't thick and cakey. Personally I wouldn't use this as an under eye concealer as I prefer something a bit lighter.

Rimmel Stay Matter Powder - A good powder, works best with a duo fiber brush as can be a bit heavy with a traditional powder brush. Hideous packaging though, come on Rimmel!

Jouer Sunswept Mattifying Powder Bronzer - Just read this

Milani Illuminating Face Powder in Beauty's Touch - I have fallen in love with this blusher, its like a blusher/highlighter hybrid. I like that the highlight is quite subtle and buildable, it just really brightens your face. If you are going to America soon you need to try this!






























Eyes

Benefit Stay Don't Stray Primer - This eyeshadow primer is up there with my NARS Pro Prime, one of the best I have tried. My eyeshadow lasts all day and I mean all day, until I take it off at night BUT (why is there always a but in life) the packaging is terrible. This is so thick that you need the teeniest tiniest amount and the pump always pumps out too much so you are constantly wasting product.

Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow in Bone and Taupe - These are 2 of my all time favourite eye shadows. The colours are just classic, creating a very subtle highlight and shadow. I wear Bone all over my lid and then run Taupe just above my crease.

Benefit They're Real - I'm still loving this mascara, the advert for it is beyond ridiculous I actually think this gives quite natural defined lashes, not a false lash effect but that's what I like about it. It gets every eyelash and wings out my outer lashes too.

Hourglass Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette and Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel - I think I rave about these two enough don't you!

Lips

Dior Addict Lip Glow - Featured in my September Beauty Favourites I just love a tinted lip balm!










No comments:

Post a Comment