Saturday 8 August 2015

Face of the Day with Tom Ford Cream and Powder Eye Colour in Naked Bronze


I have had this face of the post day sitting in my drafts for weeks and I thought I would finally get off my arse, although to be fair I didn't even have to get off my arse (I'm currently horizontal) and write it.

Basically this is all the makeup I slapped on my face to go to the pub the other week. Turns out I needn't have bothered, as we ended up leaving early, getting a subway and getting the last bus home. Side note never let me get a subway again, its a prime example of somewhere I would never step foot in, but after 3 drinks there I am, ordering a meatball marinara on hearty Italian. 
Eating meatballs at a bus stop, and I wonder why I'm single!

Base

Primer
Cover FX Illuminating Primer
I am a bit 'meh' about this primer, I don't notice any difference with the wear time of my makeup, it does give a glow when you apply it, but once you put you foundation on it goes. It's not bad, I've just tried better.

Foundation
MAC Studio Fix Fluid
Still loving this foundation, but I will say its not the best in warm weather. I find by the end of the day it feels a bit greasy on my face, but to be fair there's not a lot of foundations that could last all day and endure a sweaty commute. 

Corrector
Giorgio Armani Skin Master Corrector Shade 1
Don't buy this, the Bobbi Brown corrector is so much better #justsayin'

Concealer
Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer
This concealer is AHHMAZING, round of applause Urban Decay. I know everyone raves about the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer but this stuff is so much better. Its really creamy but still gives great coverage. I can use it both under my eyes and on spots and redness and unlike the NARS one, this doesn't drag on my skin when I apply it. It's love.

Bronzer
Chanel Soleil tan de Chanel
I love this cream bronzer in the summer, it really gives my skin a warm, natural glow. This is strictly a summer product though, it would definitely look OTT come the winter months.

Powder
Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pressed Powder
Not my favourite powder there are better, cheaper options out there.

Blush
Clinique Cheek Pop in 'Melon Pop'
These blushes are adorable and this peach colour is very pretty for everyday wear. Completely non offensive with a slight sheen which gives your cheeks a real glow.

Highlight
Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in 'Candlelight'
Extortionately expensive but worth every penny. My favourite ever highlighter, looks really natural on the skin but still has the 'wow' factor.


Eyes

Eyebrows
Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Long-Wear Brow Pencil in 'Taupe'
Good brow pencil and the shade range is massive, but for the price you just don't get enough product. I got through one of these in a month.

L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper in 'Dark Brunette'
When it comes to brows I don't dabble, I find something I like and stick to it. This sets my brows and provides an extra tint of colour, I have been using this all year and don't see that changing any time soon.

Eyeshadow
Tom Ford Cream and Powder Eye Colour in Naked Bronze
I'm sorry to be a cock tease because these beauties are no longer available, but they are every bit as beautiful as they look. The cream shadow is pretty but to be honest there are a lot of similar colours out there, I'm thinking Max Factor do a very similar copper shade, but when you add the glitter shade on top, BOOM magic happens. The glitter really reminds me of the glitter shade in the Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow palettes, so if you have one of those I'm sure you could achieve a similar look.

Eyeliner
MAC Eye Kohl in 'Powersurge' 
The best bronzy gold eye liner. 
Powersurge, Teddy and Prunella, the only three eye liners you need from MAC.

Mascara
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
I hated this mascara with a passion because it flaked so, so badly on me after only a couple of hours. But after a few weeks, the flaking has stopped and I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually think I like it. This gives serious volume instantly…..if you can put up with 2 weeks worth of panda eyes!

Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
Pretty much every single mascara ever made smudges on my bottom lashes, so this is a staple for me.

Lips

Lipstick
Illamasqua Lipstick in 'Bare'
This is Angelina Jolie lips in a tube. Thing matte, full and barely there colour, I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment