Saturday 9 May 2015

Project Pan Update 4 - Halfway Point

So I'm halfway through my year of use up as much makeup as I can, and this is my pile of makeup empties from the past six months. 

I explained my reasoning's for this little challenge in this blog post and I'm pretty proud of my progress so far. On average I have been managing to finish about 5 items a month which isn't bad, but that is with consistent daily use. I have found this is making me get a bit boring with my makeup and I have definitely been doing less experimenting, so we will see how the next six months go.

Overall I am still really enjoying this little project pan challenge and project pan videos are my new YouTube addiction! I just find it so satisfying to actually finish something and get my moneys worth from it. I'm not going to go through everything now, as I will save that until the end, but I did add up how much all this used up makeup is worth and so far my total is £641.66! 

Here's what I managed to finish in April.

Tarte Lights Camera Flashes Mascara £15.00
This mascara is the bomb.com I bloody love it, I just wish you could buy it in England! This gives me really dramatic lashes and I love that it volumes and lengthens. I intend to buy as many tubes as I can the next time I'm in a Sephora.

MAC Cosmo Lipstick £15.50
I actually bought this lipstick before I started working at Cosmo but the name does mean it will always have a special place in my heart. Cosmo is my kind of rosy brown nude, a great MLBB (my lips but better) shade.

MAC Alluring Aquatic Bronzer in Aphrodite's Shell £24.00
OMG this took forever to finish, pretty much a whole year! This was limited edition from MAC's summer collection last year and they have just released their new Summer collection for this year. Lovely bronzer and the packaging is amazing but happy to have finally finished it.

Clinique High Impact Mascara £8.00
I got this in a Clinique Black Honey set for Christmas but I completely forgot there was a mascara in the set until I found it in my drawer. This is a decent mascara, nothing amazing though and it did smudge on me, which meant it got regulated to the Sunday mascara. FYI Sundays were made for not caring!

Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Long-Wear Brow Pencil in Grey £29.50
I am very torn with these new eyebrow pencils from Bobbi Brown. They have the same design as my holy grail Hourglass pencil, so of course I love them for that and the colour range is really good but I finished this in one month! At £29.50 these don't come cheap, so once I've used up my other one I will be going back to Hourglass.

Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara £13.00
I know to the average non crazy makeup person, a mascara dedicated solely to your bottom lashes seems ridiculous, but if like me every bloody mascara smudges on you, this is a revelation.

Total used up makeup = £105.00 

2 comments:

  1. That is an amazing amount of progress! Well done. I remember seeing the aquatic collection and lemming over the packaging, but got nothing from the collection. It's so good to see someone actually finish their makeup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you. Sometimes I feel like giving up but then I think imagine how much you will have in a year and I keep going. I think I ended up getting 3 things from that collection in the end, probably purely based on the packaging! Thank you for your comment made my day :) xx

      Delete