Saturday 2 May 2015

Pretty in Peach

There is a definite peachy theme going on in my makeup bag right now. I don't know if its the warmer weather or the fact I ended up in a YouTube black hole and found myself watching JLo music videos from 2000….'think I wanna drive your Benz I don't' ;)

I thought I would share some of my current favourite peach shades, just in case you are having a JLo moment too.


Blushers

Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
Milani is an American brand but you can buy it on Amazon if you live in the UK like me. You don't need much of this as its super shimmery but paired with a tan I love it. I am wearing it in this FOTD post if you want to see it 'in action'.

MAC Mineralize Blush in New Romance
This blush was the result of going into MAC on my lunch break #sorrynotsorry
These Mineralize blushes are so pretty because they act as a highlight and a blush in one. New Romance is a beautiful shimmery peach, pure Jlo right there! Its very similar to Luminoso but I actually prefer this as it has a little more pink it. 

MAC Powder Blush in Peaches
An oldie but a goodie, unlike New Romance, Peaches is completely matte. You can see it in my FOTD post here but this has long been one of my all time favourite blushers.

MAC Cremeblend Blush in Something Special
MAC cream blushes are perfect for people that don't really like cream blushes. They aren't really wet or sticky and dry down to an almost powder finish. If you want to try a cream blush but are a bit scared, I would recommend these. Something Special is such an easy shade to wear everyday, goes with anything. I have it on, in this post.

Left to right: Luminoso, New Romance, Peaches and Something Special

Left to right Stones 'n Roses and Not Just a Pretty Face

Nails

Essie Stones 'n Roses and Essie Not Just a Pretty Face

I've become a bit boring with my nail polish choices recently and have been just sticking to these two colours.
 Stones 'n Roses is a really pretty soft coral, it's a real 60s colour but I just love it.
Not Just a Pretty Face is my favourite 'nude' colour. Slightly peachy but just gives your nails a real healthy glow. I have already got through almost half the bottle!

Lips

Clinique Pop Lip Colour and Primer in Melon Pop
I love these new Pop lipsticks by Clinique. They are really creamy, richly pigmented and come in an amazing wearable selection of colours. Melon Pop is a peachy nude, which is really flattering. I think this will be my go to summer colour.

MAC Lipstick in Kinda Sexy
This was my other sneaky MAC purchase and its actually a repurchase. I am a matte lipstick fiend and Kinda Sexy is a matte peach toned nude. I have got a Face of the Day post coming with this, so you can see what it looks like on. 

BareMinerals Pop of Passion Lip Oil-Balm in Peach Passion
I am obsessed with this lip balm. It feels so nice on the lips, really nourishing and moisturising. This is a big statement but this may just be the best tinted lip balm I have tried! 

Buxom True Nude Lip Foundation in Au Naturel
This is very similar to Kinda Sexy, just a bit darker. These are only available from Sephora but I'm planning on picking some more up when I go back to the States at the end of the year. I love matte lips and these are like the perfect matte nude wardrobe…I need every shade.

Left to right: Melon Pop, Kinda Sexy, Peach Passion and Au Naturel

Eyes

NARS Outer Limits Shimmer Eyeshadow
This eyeshadow is all my makeup dreams bought to life. It is genuinely the most beautiful eyeshadow I have ever seen. A peach with pink glitter, although I am slightly concerned that the glitter is an overspray (why do makeup companies do that!) This is part of NARS Christopher Kane collection, so grab it while you can!

Bourjois Colorband 2-in-1 Eyeshadow and Liner in Rose Fauviste
You know how much I love a cream shadow stick but I can't say I am a massive fan of these Bourjois ones. These are a little dry for me and I don't love how this colour looks on its own, but with the NARS eyeshadow layered over the top I love it! 

Outer Limits 

Rose Fauviste

Rose Fauviste with Outer Limits over the top


No comments:

Post a Comment