Sunday 31 May 2015

Face of the Day with Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Sun Tan and Sun Light

This is a Face of the Day from last week when I went to BeautyCon London for work (I didn't stay long). I wanted to try some new products, as I have been getting a bit bored of using the same things all the time.

There are some new discoveries which I love, a few I don't love so much and some old favourites.

Face

Primer
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water and Cover FX Illuminating Primer
I have only just started using the primer water so can't report back yet, except to say I love the idea of a primer spray and it smells nice. I will let you know my findings once I've used it a bit more. 
As far as the Cover FX primer goes, I like it but I don't love it. I wish it was a bit more illuminating because its quite subtle and once I've applied foundation and concealer, you can't really see much in the way of a glow. I do really like the texture, as its light and doesn't have that awful silicone feel, but I can't really say I have noticed a difference in the wear time of my makeup. 

Foundation
Dior Nude Air Serum
I hadn't tried any Dior foundations until this year but since trying Dior Star and now this, I can say I'm fully converted. This makes my skin look really smooth, almost airbrushed, without being heavy and still letting your skin show through. I like to apply this with my fingers working in sections over the face. My only complaint is that it doesn't have the best wear time and I find it starts to fade on oilier areas like my chin and nose towards the end of the day.

Corrector and Concealer
Giorgio Armani Master Corrector and MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
I've only got a tiny bit of the MAC concealer left, I had to break open the tube with some pliers to get the very last of it out. I love that this concealer works well under the eyes and on blemishes and redness. It's high coverage and long lasting, I can see why this is so popular amongst MAC fans. 

Bronzer and Highlight
Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Sun Tan and Sun Light
My latest obsession, I just love this. It makes me look like I've just come back from a two week holiday, bronzed and glowy my friends. 

Powder
Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pressed Powder
Still not loving this powder, but I'm almost at the end of it now. I definitely wouldn't buy this again or recommend it, it's just too ashy on the skin.

Eyes

Eyebrows
Illamasqua Precision Brow Gel in Strike and Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel
Its not often I change my eyebrow combination, but I was clearly feeling experimental. The Brow and Lash Gel is not a new product, in fact it was my favourite until the L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper came along but the Precision Brow Gel is a new product for me. 
Compared to the Anastasia DipBrow, this is less harsh and more natural looking, but I just find these brow pomades a bit fiddly to use in general. I think I'll be sticking to my usual Hourglass pencil.

Eyeshadow
Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
I dug this out because I wanted a matte eyeshadow and I knew this had everything I needed. 
I used W.O.S all over the lid with a mixture of Naked 2 and Faint in the crease.

Eye Liner
Delilah Slim Line Liquid Liner
I wanted a subtle flick, so used this on the outer third of my eye. I love the slim nib, it really lets you get a precise line but this smudged on me. Admittedly most mascaras and eyeliners smudge on me, but I would stick with my Stila Stay All Day over this.

Mascara
Benefit Roller Lash and Clinique Bottom Lash
When it comes to Roller Lash you either love it, or hate it and personally I love it. It takes a few coats to build it up but it really lengthens and curls my lashes, plus it doesn't smudge on me. Clinique Bottom Lash is a staple for me now because its pretty much the only mascara that doesn't smudge on my bottom lashes. I told you everything smudges on me!


Lips

Lip Liner
Jordana Easyliner for Lips in Tawny
If I had to pick between this and my MAC lip liners, this $1.99 bad boy would win every time. This is creamy, not drying and I really, really love the colour.

NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Bangkok
These NARS Pure Matte Lipsticks don't get spoken about much, but if you love a matte lip and you haven't tried these, you are missing out. My favourite colour in the line is Montego Bay and I have completely used that lipstick up. Bangkok is lighter in colour and pretty similar to my natural lip colour. It reminds me of that kind of Angelina Jolie, barely there shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment