Sunday 12 April 2015

New Makeup - Urban Decay, Dior, Stila and Too Faced

I have been sticking to my makeup low buy and avoiding the dreaded beauty halls on my lunch breaks, so imagine my delight when I got a Debenhams voucher, keeeeeerching! 

I didn't have anything particular in mind that I wanted, but I was really excited to see that the Debenhams in Bromley has an Urban Decay counter. I love Urban Decay but there aren't any counters near me, so it did kind of end up being an Urban Decay 'haul' (I hate that word!)

Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer

I'm still finishing up my MAC Pro Longwear Concealer but after hearing some rave reviews I am really excited to try this. I was disappointed by the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, so I hope this Urban Decay one will live up to the hype.


Dior Addict Lip Maximiser 

I love, love, love the Dior Addict Lip Glow and had always wanted to try this lip gloss. I'm not usually a lip gloss girl, long hair and lip gloss are not a good match, but I'm intrigued to see if this really does plump my lips.


Urban Decay Eyeshadows in 'Scratch' and 'Bordello'

I was immediately drawn to the eyeshadows at the Urban Decay counter, as I hadn't actually seen them in person since Urban Decay reformulated and relaunched them. 
These two shades really stood out to me, mainly because they are in the same shade range as the colours in my beloved Naked 3 palette. I will do a Face of the Day post with these, as soon as I've tried them.


As well as my cheeky Debenhams voucher, my sister also happened to me in America and of course she asked me if I wanted anything from the mothership, Sephora.

I decided not to give her the gigantic Sephora list that I keep on my phone and instead restrained myself and requested two things.

Stila Eyes are the Window Shadow Palette in 'Soul'

So I need another neutral eyeshadow palette like I need a hole in the head, but its so pretty! I do love the rose gold case, although photographing mirrored packaging is a bloody nightmare.


Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

Out of everything, this is the one thing I have tried and I'm afraid I can't give it the glowing review I wanted. 
Everyone at team Cosmo loves this mascara, they go crazy for it, so I knew I had to try it for myself. My Sister also bought herself a tube and a few days before I used mine, she sent me a text saying she was not impressed because it flaked off her lashes. 
I have been using it for about a week now and have experienced exactly the same problem.  After about 5/6 hours this starts flaking on me and by about 7pm my eyes are looking pretty horrific. I also find applying this mascara a bit of a faff, as it has a tendency to clump my lashes up, so overall not great! I'm going to try and persevere and see it it improves after its dried up a little but I'm not holding my breath :( 

That will teach me to cheat on my beloved Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes!


No comments:

Post a Comment