Sunday 1 March 2015

Face of the Day with MAC Cremeblend Blush in Something Special

I have been making a conscious effort to use up makeup for the past few months and overall I am really enjoying it. There is a real satisfaction which comes with actually finishing something and my bag of makeup empties is really starting to grow. 
I am finding myself getting bored with some products though, particularly my face products, as they just seem to be never ending. 

This is the look I have been wearing for the past few weeks whilst I tried to finish up my By Terry cream eyeshadow in Misty Rock. There are a few products here which I'm nearing the end of and I can't wait to switch them for something else when they are finally finished.

Face

Primer
Rachel K Original CC Cream

This CC Cream is very different from the westernised tinted moisturiser versions we have over here. It makes a great primer as the brightening effect neutralises any redness before you even apply foundation.

Foundation
MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation mixed with NARS Illuminator in Copacabana

My foundation and my bronzer are the two things I cannot wait to finish. Now we are coming into Spring, I really want to use a lighter coverage base so I'm hoping I can get this finished by the end of March. 
The NARS Illuminator has been a life saviour with this foundation, injecting some much needed glow.

Corrector and Concealer
Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque and MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

I'm sad because I've almost finished my Bobbi Brown Corrector and I don't quite know what my under eye circles will do without it! 
I do really rate this MAC Pro Longwear Concealer as well and I particularly love the consistency, as I can use it both under my eyes and on any spots or redness.

Bronzer
MAC Extra Dimension Bronzer in Aphrodite's Shell

The never ending bronzer continues, but there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Blush
MAC Cremeblend Blush in Something Special

I have been loving this blush this month, it gives the prettiest peachy glow to your cheeks and unlike other cream blushes, isn't sticky at all. A few people have said I look "glowing" with this on and trust me its definitely the blush not me!

Powder
Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pressed Powder

I finally finished my MAC CC Powder and now I have moved onto this Too Faced powder. 
I originally bought this last year, but after discovering it photographs terribly with flash photography, it was banished to my drawer. I also find it leaves my skin looking ashy and just leaves it looking so flat. There are far better, cheaper powders out there like the Rimmel Stay Matte, but as I spent my hard earned cash on it, I'm determined to use it up. 



Eyes

Eyebrows
Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette and L'oreal Brow Artist Plumper in Dark Brunette

Nothing new here, just my two faves!

Eyeshadow
By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Misty Rock with Trick from the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette

I decided to add Misty Rock to my items to finish up list because I didn't have much left after using it so much last year. Possibly my favourite ever cream shadow, this is such a unique mauve/taupe colour, which gives your eyelids the most beautiful glossy sheen. Every time I wear this, at least one person will ask what eyeshadow I'm wearing, so it must be good! 
I have switched it up a little though and have been applying Trick from the Naked 3 palette over the top. Gold and purple might sound like a weird combo but it works so well. Trick is my favourite shadow in the palette and I am genuinely concerned what I will do when its all gone!

Mascara
Tarte Lights Camera Flashes Mascara and Clinique Bottom Lash

I can't even remember my life before these two mascaras! Like my brow products, these are the creme de la creme.

Lips

Lipstick
MAC Lipstick in Cosmo

I promise I didn't buy this lipstick just for the name! This is one of my favourite MAC lipsticks and its a very 'me' colour. This is a slightly darker my lips but better shade and its an amplified finish, so its extremely pigmented. 
I have never actually finished up a MAC lipstick so I'm hoping this will be the first!

2 comments:

  1. The MAC blush is beautiful! I need to get me one of those :) x

    Annie | www.drugstoredreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a rediscovery which I have been loving lately! Thank you :) xxx

      Delete