Saturday 7 February 2015

Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette in 'Infinity'

So I survived January without buying any makeup but I knew there was one item I was going to buy in February, the Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette in Infinity.

I already had the shade 'Exposure' which I reviewed here but I had mixed feelings on it. Visually I thought it was stunning but the matte shadows weren't the best quality and had a chalky, crumbly texture. At £56.00 a palette, I expected better quality but I had heard some reviews which mentioned that the quality of the shadows seemed to differ from palette to palette. 

Out of all the shades, the warm neutrals in 'Infinity' are by far my favourite. This was the palette I wanted from the start so I decided to bite the bullet and try again! 

Quality wise, 'Infinity' is far superior to the 'Exposure' palette. The matte shades are beautifully creamy and buttery with no chalkiness at all. I will say that there is some fall out under the eyes when I apply the darker shades, but that doesn't bother me particularly.

The shades are beautiful and I have to confess I am a little bit in love with this. Its a very versatile palette and you have all the shades you need. An all over lid colour, a transition colour, some shimmer and a darker colour for the crease or to use as liner.



I would 100% recommend this palette but if you are thinking of getting one of the Modernist palettes I really suggest trying them in store first because the quality from palette to palette really does differ.

Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette's are available from Space NK for £56.00


2 comments:

  1. Looks pretty! I am a sucker for netural palettes! x

    www.drugstoredreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete