Monday 9 February 2015

Face of the Day with Bobbi Brown Sparkle Eyeshadow in Taupe

As you know I'm currently on mission to use up my makeup, particularly some of the older products that I've had for a while, that I'm not overly fussed about. I'm still really enjoying my challenge at the moment, although there are a few products which I wish would just hurry up and finish. 

You might recognise a few of these products, definitely a few throwbacks in here! 

Face

Primer
Rachel K Original CC Cream 'Fair'
I discovered this a few years ago through LisalisaD1 on YouTube. I love her and could sit and listen to her accent all day! I wouldn't wear this CC cream on its own but it makes the best primer. 
I hate any silicone primers, as I feel like my makeup slips right off. I love the Rachel K because its smoothing without any of that slip. The whitening benefits also mean that it takes out any redness in your skin prior to foundation and concealer, so you use less product. 
I really do enjoy this but its difficult to get in the UK. I think I bought mine from eBay a while ago but Rachel K's website does offer worldwide shipping.

Foundation
MAC Studio Fix mixed with NARS Illuminator in 'Copacabana'
I have had this foundation sitting in my makeup drawer for years! Studio Fix is really not my kind of foundation, don't get me wrong I get why people love it. Its full coverage, lasts all day and you don't really need to powder, but for me its just too much, plus it smells like paint, to be honest it probably is paint! Anyway I need to use this up and like I said, its not bad, its just not my favourite. 
I have been mixing it with the NARS Illuminator to try and make it a bit lighter and give it more of a glow. It does cover everything though, I'm worried that if I use it for too long I will be converted! 

Corrector and Concealer
Bobbi Brown Corrector in 'Light Bisque' and Dior Hydra Life BB Eye Creme
If you suffer from bad under eye circles, you need to try one of Bobbi Brown's Correctors, the difference is amazing. This Dior BB Eye Creme on the other hand is really nothing special. I didn't like this when it launched a few years ago, but as I'm trying to be good I thought it was finally time I used this up. Really would not recommend, far better under eye concealers out there and for a lot cheaper.

Bronzer
MAC Extra Dimension Bronzer in Aphrodite's Shell
The never ending bronzer, I like it but after 6+ months I'm ready to use something else!

Blush
Luna Twilight Bella Palette
Now this is a blast from the past, I don't think you can even buy these anymore. 
So, out of the Twilight Saga, New Moon was by far my favourite. I was obsessed with that film and no, sadly I wasn't 14 when it came out! Lets just say I could relate to Bella, except I didn't have a hunky werewolf to fix up motorbikes with. ANYWAY, I loved her makeup and hair in New Moon. You know I'm a sucker for a warm toned neutral and that film was all about the warm toned neutrals! To cut a long story short, these makeup palettes were released, with a palette for each character and of course I bought Bella's. All jokes aside, this is probably the most wearable makeup palette I have ever owned, as you can tell from how much I've used!

Powder
MAC Prep & Prime CC Compact
The never ending bronzer, meet the never ending powder! I can't wait till I finally finish these two and can use something else.


Eyes

Eyebrows
Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in 'Soft Brunette' and L'oreal Brow Artist Plumper in 'Dark Brunette'
My ride or die brow duo.

Eyeshadow Primer
NARS Pro Prime Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
Like my brow duo, this doesn't change! 

Eyeshadow 
Bobbi Brow Sparkle Eyeshadow in 'Taupe'
I have become a bit obsessed with these Bobbi Brown sparkle shadows. They are so glittery but not in an obnoxious, I'm 5 and having a Frozen themed birthday party kinda way. Its adult appropriate glitter, that actually looks glossy on the lids. I have noticed that I always get a compliment on my eyeshadow whenever I wear one of these, but make sure you use a good eyeshadow primer because you will end up with glitter all over your face otherwise.

Mascara
Tarte Lights Camera Flashes and Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
I haven't used anything but this mascara combination in the longest time, but I have finally found a new mascara which I like (will put up a post this week). 
This Tarte mascara gives such amazing volume and it does not budge, in fact its kind of hard to get off at the end of the day and the Clinique Bottom Lash mascara was a revelation for me, no going back!

Lips

Lipstick
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 'Boy'
I mentioned this lipstick in my January favourites and I actually finished it today (woop, woop, 3rd lipstick down!) While I did really like this lipstick, I doubt I would purchase it again, just because it wasn't anything overly special. 

Now to decide what lipstick to use up next!

2 comments:

  1. I think we share the same obsession for the Bobbi Brown Sparkle shadows! My absolute favourite is the one that came out a few years ago in her Spring collection it's called "Lilac Sparkle". It's really unfortunate that it was limited edition :( I also have Taupe and this post has definitely inspired me to use it soon!! Thanks <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone! They have a new one called Ballet Pink and I keep swatching it but am still trying to resist! Lilac Sparkle sounds amazing! xx

      Delete