Wednesday 10 December 2014

November Favourites

My favourites were really easy to pick this month because I have worn the same two makeup looks pretty much all month long. I really want to experiment with some darker, vampier lipsticks but I need to leave my bed earlier in the morning in order to do that! 

MAC Blush in 'The Perfect Cheek'

Without a doubt my favourite MAC blush and possibly my favourite blush ever......
If I have a slightly darker eye, or a neutral lip, I always reach for this because it just gives your cheeks a little something. 
Typical MAC discontinued this colour but I hear the shade Cubic is very similar, if you want an alternative.

Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Blush in 'Natural'

Also known as the blush with the longest name ever! I am a sucker for these blushers, I cant help it, its the hearts and the promise of happiness! I have two of these Happy Booster blushers and I honestly use  them way more often than any of my NARS blushers. These are just so easy to wear, they distribute just the right amount of colour, so they are easy to apply and you don't end up looking like a clown. I also love the hint of shimmer because it saves you using a separate highlight. 
If you are going to America anytime soon, put one of these on your shopping list!

By Terry Ombre Blackstar in 'Misty Rock'

I am finding it impossible to get up in the mornings at the moment. I'm surprised I haven't developed RSI from hitting the snooze button on my phone. This laziness means I don't have a lot of time for my makeup, which makes cream eyeshadows my BFF. I cannot turn down a good cream, metallic eyeshadow. It takes literally seconds to slap it on with your finger and looks like you put in a lot more effort than you actually did. If I had to pick a favourite it would be Misty Rock. Its hideously expensive yes, but it lasts all day, looks amazing and I always have at least one person ask me what my eyeshadow is when I wear this.

Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in '13'

My mum went to New York in November and unluckily for her, she left with a massive Sephora list from me! I have a post planned to share all the Sephora delights and this cream shadow was one of them. I love the gold colour and its perfect for this time of year. Since I got it, its barely left my lids!

L'oreal Colour Riche Nail Polish in '104 Beige Countess'

My friend Nat got me hooked on these L'oreal polishes and they have to be one of my favourite discoveries of 2014. I love the mini size, because who actually uses up a whole bottle of nail polish and the shade range is really, really good. They have the best nude shade range and I think I pretty much have every single colour! My nails are in crappy condition at the moment so this nude colour has been on them pretty much non stop.

Essie Nail Polish in 'Summit of Style'

This is the only time of year where I am prepared to go through the ordeal which is removing glitter nail polish. Men you have no idea! 
These Essie luxe polishes seem to be sold out everywhere but if you can get your hands on Summit of Style, its a beauty. 

Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black

This smells what I imagine its like to be an Olsen twin, amazing (except for the really old boyfriend, we will leave him out!) If you like warm, masculine scents you will love this. Its perfect for this time of year and its a scent you could wear everyday, unlike Tom Ford's Black Orchid which can get a bit overkill. Every time I smell this, I feel like I am hugging a man shaped pillow <3

Sephora Kiss Me Balm in 'Candy Apple'

You know I love my EOS lip balms, well this Sephora version has answered my prayers because its tinted! Tinted lip balms are my saviour and the fact they have a sheer red shade, even better! This gives you that instant relief from that horrible dry lip feeling, plus it also gives you a hint of colour to make you look a bit more alive.


Game of Thrones Books

I thought I would include one non beauty favourite this month and that is the amazing Game of Thrones book series. I am a huge fan of the TV series but just never got round to reading the books. Now I commute everyday I spend my entire journey to and from work with my head in one of these, I am hooked! I am currently on the third book, not bad going for 3 months! 
I was worried that having watched the TV series, I would find the books boring with a lot of duplication but there's so much detail that's not included in the show and you get such an insight into each character. Its also helped me understand some of the houses and history to each house. If you were putting off reading these like me, don't waste another minute you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment