Tuesday 30 December 2014

New Years Eve Makeup Inspiration: The Glitter Eyes


My third and final NYE makeup inspiration post and I still haven't finalised my own NYE plans! 

For the last look I had to go with some glitter, but in keeping with my style I have kept it a bit messy/grungy. I do love glitter but the key is to keep the rest of your makeup simple.

Face

Primer & Foundation
MAC Prep & Prime Skin Base & Dior Star Foundation
Same primer and foundation as I have used for all three of my NYE inspiration looks. As we are using glitter, make sure you do your eye makeup first and apply your foundation afterwards. That way you can wipe away any glitter fall out, without having to re-do all your base makeup.

Concealer
Clarins Instant Concealer
Finally, one concealer instead of three! There has been a lot of hype over this concealer recently but today was the first day I have used it, so I will report back once I have given it a thorough test!

Bronzer
MAC Extra Dimension Bronzer in 'Aphrodite's Shell'
As I was using glitter I was very conscious of looking like Dame Edna, so I skipped contour and just used a bit of bronzer on my cheeks and temples.

Blush
MAC Blush in 'The Perfect Cheek'
I wasn't going to wear a blusher but I felt my cheeks needed a little extra something and this blush is perfect for that. Sadly this shade has been discontinued by MAC but for an alternative, Cubic by MAC is very similar or Tarte's Exposed.

Powder
MAC Prep & Prime CC Compact
This isn't my favourite pressed powder but I am just trying to finish it up!

Highlight
Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight
This however is my favourite highlight! A cream highlight would also work really well for this look.


Eyes

Eyebrows
Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in 'Soft Brunette' and L'oreal Brow Artist Plumper in 'Dark Brunette'
My usual eyebrow tools. Make sure you keep your brows looking quite natural, as overly drawn eyebrows and glitter can veer into drag queen territory!

Eyeshadow Base
MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in 'Layin' Low' and Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in '13'
This look was a bit of an experiment, hence why I ended up using two cream shadows as eyeshadow bases. I used the MAC Paint Pot first as I thought I wanted something a bit thicker as I was working with glitter, but I then decided I wanted something more golden for my base, so added the Aqua Cream on top.

Glitter
MAC Reflects Bronze and Copper Glitter
Its rare that I get to play with my MAC glitters but when I do, I'm reminded why I love them so much. These are actually MAC Pro products so you can't get them from normal counters but you can buy them online or from the MAC Pro store off Carnaby Street. 

Eyeliner
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner and MAC Eye Kohl in 'Teddy'
I love the fine nib of this Stila liquid liner, as it perfect for drawing a more subtle, thin wing. I also used Teddy on my tight line and waterline to really make the eyes 'pop'. If you have blue eyes, try using a brown pencil rather than a black as its less harsh and the brown will emphasise your eye colour more.

Mascara
Tarte Lights Camera Flashes and Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
To balance the glitter, we need mascara and lots of it! You could wear false lashes with this but just remember my drag queen territory warning!

*Top tip for applying glitter. Wet your brush with either your toner, makeup setting spray or even eye drops. This will help the glitter stick to your eyelid much better and creates an almost metallic foil effect*


Lips

Lipliner
MAC Lipliner in Soar
As all the focus is on the eyes, I kept the lips neutral and just filled them in with MAC's Soar lip liner.


I hope you all have a fun New Years Ever, hopefully I have given you some makeup inspiration for the  evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment