Sunday 28 December 2014

New Years Eve Makeup Inspiration: The Lashes


I hope you all had a lovely Christmas, although its not over yet! I am very strict when it comes to enforcing the 12 days of Christmas!

 New Year is now looming and with that comes the disappointment which is New Years Eve. I am really not a fan of New Years Eve, so much pressure and you have to pay for a ticket to get in anywhere! I also always find it a bit depressing, accepting that Christmas is almost over and reminiscing on your life, thinking next year will be better and before you know it, its New Years Eve again!

On that cheery note, I thought I would give you some makeup inspiration, whatever your New Year plans are. 

This look is centred around the new Cheryl Eylure lashes, which I am currently having a bit of a love affair with. 

Face

Primer
MAC Prep & Prime Skin Base
If you are planning on staying up until the wee hours, I would definitely recommend wearing a primer so your makeup lasts. MAC's Skin Base is one of my faves as it makes your makeup stick like glue.

Foundation
Dior Star Foundation
As its New Years Eve, there's a high chance of someone whipping out their camera for a picture, so to prevent flashback face, pick a foundation with zero SPF. At the moment I am really liking Dior's Star foundation, as it provides a good level of coverage whilst still looking natural, it also photographs beautifully.

Corrector/Concealer
Bobbi Brown Corrector and L'oreal Lumi Magique Concealer
If you suffer from dark under eye circles then applying a corrector before your concealer will counteract the darkness and really brighten the under eye area. I then like to use a brightening concealer under my eyes and to highlight the centre of my face (centre of the forehead, bridge of the nose, middle of the chin).

Powder
 MAC Prep & Prime CC Compact
Make sure you powder your t zone and keep a pressed powder in your bag. You will be thankful for it later when you are squashed in a pub full of drunken rowdy men! 

Contour
Anastasia Contour Kit
I definitely would not contour on a daily basis but as its a special occasion needs must. I tend to just contour in some cheek bones and leave it at that but whatever you do make sure you blend, blend, blend, unless you want to look like Boy George.

Blush
MAC Pro Longwear Blush in Rosy Outlook
As this look is all about the eyes and the lashes, I wanted a pretty but non offensive blush. Rosy Outlook gives a very subtle pink flush.

Highlight
Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight
Probably my favourite step of all, if my cheeks aren't shimmering then I ain't going nowhere! This is my all time favourite highlighter because its subtle. When it comes to highlighter you want shimmer, not glitter!


Eyes

Eyebrows
Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in 'Soft Brunette' and L'oreal Brow Artist Plumper in 'Dark Brunette'
Use your eyebrow pencil/powder of choice, just don't get carried away!

Eyeshadow Primer
NARS Pro Prime Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
If you have oily lids and like me, go to the toilet to find your eye makeup halfway down your face, then an eyeshadow primer is a must. It helps your eyeshadow stay on all night and if you are wearing glittery shadows it also helps give the glitter something to stick to.

Eyeshadow
Charlotte Tilbury Fallen Angel Eyeshadow Palette
This is possibly the most beautiful piece of makeup I own, it is a thing of wonder! I am not precious when it comes to makeup and I always commit the cardinal sin of using my makeup before I photograph it, but even I don't want to ruin that beautiful star embossing. 
As I was using a lot of products, I wanted to keep my eyeshadow simple so I just used one colour, which was the bronze colour all over the lid and lightly underneath my lower lash line.

Eyeliner
MAC 'Teddy' Eye Kohl
In keeping with the bronzy/brown tones, I used this metallic brown liner from MAC and smudged a very rough line along the outer corner of my eye, to give a bit of extra definition.

Mascara
Clinique High Impact and Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
As we are using lashes, any mascara will do.

Lashes
Cheryl Lashes by Eylure in Sexy Senorita
Its been a while since I have worn a full on strip lash but I am obsessed with these new Cheryl Lashes. I didn't have to trim them at all and I love that they don't really look like false lashes. They are very subtle but just give a little something, something ;)
 I tried to get another pair of these on Christmas Eve but Boots were sold out *sob*

Eyelash Glue
Duo Dark Tone Eyelash Adhesive
I never use the lash glue that comes with fake eyelashes because its usually crap and Duo glue is the bomb, plus you can now get it in Boots! I love this one because instead of drying clear, it dries dark.

Lips

Lipliner
Jordana Easyliner for Lips in 'Tawny'
The best $1.99 I ever spent. You can't get Jordana in the UK but if you are in the USA then you need to try these lipliners, the quality is amazing and they are so cheap!

Lipstick
MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick in 'Bare Again'
Again, because this look is all about the eyes I wanted to keep the lips neutral. This lipstick is a new discovery for me and I love the formula. It looks glossy on the lips and feels really moisturising, but still lasts a good few hours and doesn't feel sticky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment