Sunday 21 December 2014

Face of the Day with Buxom True Nude Lip Foundation in 'Au Naturel'

Technically this is a Face of the Day from about 2 weeks ago but hey, no one needs to know that I'm sitting here with my greasy hair in a massive pineapple, with mascara smeared across my face! 

Base

Foundation
Dior Star
This foundation is definitely a grower not a shower. At first I liked it but didn't really have much of an opinion. I've only really started to appreciate it now I'm halfway through the bottle. This gives a medium coverage but looks really natural on the skin, if you are fan of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua I'm sure you would love this.

Concealer
Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque, Josie Maran Argan Creamy Concealer Crayon and Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
The Bobbi Brown Corrector is quickly becoming my best friend, it just gets rid of those horrible dark circles instantly! 
I have now finished the Josie Maran Crayon and like the foundation, this really grew on me. I loved the creaminess of this concealer and the pretty highlight effect it gave. 
You cant go wrong with the Collection concealer it costs less than a fiver and is so good at covering pesky spots.

Powder
Charlotte Tilbury Air Brush Flawless Finish Skin Perfection Micro Powder
Hideously expensive but worth every penny, as this is the best powder I have ever found!

Bronzer
The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder
If you have fair skin and struggle to find a bronzer pale enough, then you need to try one of these bronzers by The Body Shop. Perfect for Winter bronzing or fair skinned ladies!

Blush
Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Blush in Natural
I have been using this blush pretty consistently for the last two months. It just gives the perfect natural flush, which I love in these Winter months. 

Eyes

Eyeshadow
Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in #13
I love cream shadows because they are so quick and easy to apply and they never look flat or boring. Shimmery/metallic creams are by far my favourite and this gold offering by Makeup Up For Ever is my current love. Very seasonal, it just gives me that wide eyed awake look.

Mascara
Tarte Lights Camera Flashes and Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
Yep still loving this duo.

Eyebrows
Soap and Glory Archery Eyebrow Pencil and L'oreal Brow Artist Plumper
I have now finished this Soap and Glory pencil and gone back to my beloved Hourglass Brow Sculpting Pencil. I did love the Soap and Glory and would highly, highly recommend it, but as I prefer a bushy full brow, the Hourglass pencil will always have my heart.

Lips

Lipstick
Buxom True Nude Lip Foundation in 'Au Naturel'
I mentioned how much I was loving this in my Sephora Goodies Post so I thought I better show you what it looks like on. I love the matte finish, personally I find it comfortable on the lips and this is coming from someone who has tried a lot of matte lip products! I just love the colour and the pencil application is genius! If I get to America next year I definitely want to explore the rest of the shades in the range.

No comments:

Post a Comment