Sunday 14 December 2014

Benefit Gimme Brow Dupe - L'oreal Brow Artist Plumper

In September I blogged about Maybelline's new eyeliner which is an exact dupe for Benefits hugely popular They're Real Push Up liner, but half the price. Well now I have another Benefit dupe for you, this time its for their Gimme Brow.

Benefit Gimme Brow (left) L'oreal Brow Artist Plumper (right)

Benefit's Gimme Brow is a tinted brow gel with fibers to give you instant looking fuller brows. Gimme Brow is available in two shades, light/medium and medium/deep. I really liked Gimme Brow, I thought it worked really well and I definitely noticed an improvement in the thickness of my brows but there was one thing that really put me off, the price. Gimme Brow cost £17.50 for 3g of product, three grams! That is an absolute rip off. So when L'oreal released their Brow Artist Plumper, which promised exactly the same results I had to try it.

The L'oreal Brow Artist Plumper comes in three shades, transparent, blonde and dark brunette and costs £5.99 for 7g of product. To put that into perspective, I could buy three of the L'oreal gels for the same price as one of the Benefit ones and apart from the L'oreal Plumper having a slightly bigger brush, they are exactly the same. I actually much prefer the L'oreal version because the colour dark brunette is a much better match for me. I have used this everyday for the past few months which is a pretty big deal, as I used to only use the Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel.

The one thing that lets both these products down is the shade range. Benefit only has 2 shades and I really struggled to find a match. My hair wasn't dark enough for the dark option but the light option is a little too light for me. L'oreal has three shades and although the dark brunette option matches me perfectly, the blonde shade is awful! Its a metallic gold, which I can not imagine would look good on anyone!

Crappy shade range aside, for me their is no contest here and L'oreal wins by a country mile. If you can find a shade to match your brows, definitely try this!

L'oreal Brow Artist Plumper in Dark Brunette



Available from Boots £5.99

No comments:

Post a Comment