Saturday 27 September 2014

Face of the Day with Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in 'Nude-ist'

With my tan fading rapidly, I have been trying to make the most of that post holiday glow. As much as I love applying my makeup, it is nice to wear less foundation and give your skin a bit of a break every now and then.

Having said that, I have another Face of the Day post for tomorrow which is very Autumnal! 

Face

Foundation
No7 Instant Radiance Foundation
I used to use a lot of No7 makeup when I was younger. I loved their mascaras and there was one particular lipstick that I was obsessed with. I very rarely visit the No7 counter these days, its probably because I'm a magpie and their branding just doesn't stand out to me. 
I have had this foundation for a while but because its quite a dark shade, I can only wear it when I have a tan. I took this foundation with me on holiday and have been wearing it ever since. This really gives my skin a lovely glow and the coverage is light enough that my freckles show through. 
No7 have such a huge foundation range now maybe I shouldn't be passing them by!


Under Eye Concealer
Estee Lauder Double Wear Brush on Glow BB Highlighter
Every beauty brand and their mother have their own version of the highlighter clicky pens, which all started with YSL's Touche Eclat. To be honest, in general they are all much of a muchness but this Estee Lauder one does provide some extra coverage as well as highlighting, which is always a winner.


Bronzer
MAC Extra Dimension Bronzer in Alluring Aquatic
Limited edition and no longer available I'm afraid, but as you can see I'm nearing the end now anyway. This bronzer isn't completely matte and it almost has a slight sheen to it, this translates well on the skin giving a very subtle glow. If MAC re-releases these bronzers I recommend trying them out.

Highlight
MAC Cream Colour Base in Improper Copper
This is one of those products that stays in my drawer all year round but I get it out every time I go on holiday. As the name suggests, this is a copper toned highlighter which looks amazing on darker skin tones. As you can tell when I have a tan I'm all about that Victoria's Secret esque glow.


Eyes

Eyebrows
Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil and Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel
I have gone back to my favourite combination, just because I hate doing my eyebrows and the Hourglass pencil makes the whole process a lot quicker!



Eyeshadow Base
NARS Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
My favourite eye primer, allows my eyeshadow to last all day.


Eyeshadow
MAC Tan Pigment
When it comes to loose pigments, I generally don't have much time for them because it can all get a bit messy. However there a few pigments by MAC which are worth the hassle because the colour payoff is so beautiful and impossible to achieve from a pressed eyeshadow. Tan is one of those colours and my favourite. If I did a MAC starter kit post, this would definitely be in there!


Mascara
Tarte Lights Camera Flashes and Clinique Bottom Lash
Still loving this mascara combination, so annoying that you cant get the Tarte mascara in the UK but Benefit's They're Real gives a similar effect.



Lips

Lipstick
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in 07 'Nude-ist'
My friend at work recommended this to me and it sounded right up my street,
Pinky/brown natural colour, check
Matte finish, check
This is like a liquid lipstick but its completely matte and extremely pigmented. The colour is perfect for me and I love how long lasting this is. It almost stains your lips and even as it fades it still looks good. They do these in brighter colours as well which I imagine are just as beautiful but I'm happy with my natural, everyday colour.



No comments:

Post a Comment