Wednesday 3 September 2014

August Favourites

This past month I have loved a lot of makeup and I had a hard job editing it all down for this months favourites post. With my Sisters Wedding, August was a heavy makeup month. I'm looking forward to rediscovering a lot of my old makeup favourites now we are changing seasons, Rimmel 107 lipstick I'm thinking of you! I am off on my Summer holidays next week though, so I will have to wait a little while longer for those berry tones!

MAC Eyeshadows - All That Glitters, Woodwinked, Mulch, Romp and Grain

Me and my MAC Palettes have an on, off relationship. I forget about them for months, then rediscover them and fall back in love all over again. As you can see from the massive hole, All That Glitters is by far my favourite. Its just fool proof, slap it all over your lid and you are good to go. Grain is a new discovery, I like it because its very subtle and doesn't really look like eyeshadow once its applied. Woodwinked is a lovely gold for Summer, Romp is slightly darker and more bronzy, I like to wear both of these alone. My current favourite combination however is All That Glitters all over the lid, with Mulch in the crease. 

Now I make the inevitable promise not to neglect my MAC eyeshadows again!

Tarte Lights Camera Flashes Mascara and Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara

This Tarte mascara is amazing, it gives tons of volume, length and separation. The only downside is that its only available in America (sad face). It also has some pretty impressive staying power and does not budge, even through a 45 minute aqua aerobic session!

I find that mascaras always tend to smudge on my lower lashes, so I finally decided to try Clinique's Bottom Lash Mascara. Although I was initially sceptical, I am now fully sold on this tube of awesomeness. First the brush is teeny tiny so you can get to all the individual lashes, without getting blobs of mascara on your face. It also lasts all day with zero smudging whatsoever. I know a mascara purely for your bottom lashes is a little excessive but trust me this is worth it.

OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener and Deborah Lippmann Stronger Nail Polish

I have been using OPI's Nail Envy as a base coat when I paint my nails and I have noticed an overall improvement in the strength of my nails. Less breaking, less peeling and all round healthier nails.

My tolerance for glitter polish is low. Sure it looks pretty but there's nothing pretty about scrubbing your fingers raw trying to get the stuff off. The struggle is real but its worth it for some glitters like Deborah Lippmann's Stronger. When this stuff catches the light the sparkle is insane. I wore this on my toes for my Sisters wedding and really regretted not wearing it on my fingers too!

MooGoo Blemish Cleansing Moisturiser and L'Oreal Lumi Magique Light Infusing Foundation

My beloved Kate Somerville Goat Milk moisturiser ran out but have no fear, MooGoo is here! I have mentioned MooGoo on my blog before, they are a natural skincare brand from Australia who started when they developed their cow udder cream for humans! This is their Blemish Cleansing Moisturiser and I honestly think it makes a massive difference to keeping my skin clear. If you are into natural and organic products I highly recommend checking MooGoo out. 

I have raved about the L'Oreal Lumi Magique foundation a lot I know, but I just cant help myself. Whenever I wear this I love how my skin looks. Its light, so doesn't feel or look heavy and it just gives the most beautiful glow. Its possibly my second favourite foundation behind Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and that's saying a lot. I have the teeniest, tiniest amount left in this bottle and it will be a sad day when its finally finished.

Anastasia Contour Kit and Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light

I have this contour kit alone to thank for giving me some cheekbones this past month. I have done a full review here if you want to read more.

I am ashamed to admit it but I have been cheating on my Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder with this Hourglass Powder. Since using it on my Sister for her wedding day its become my new favourite highlighter. This is more subtle than the Kevyn Aucoin highlighter, with no shimmer detectable at all but it just gives this amazing glow to your skin.

It might be a bit quiet on the blogging front when I am away next week but usual service will resume shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment