Tuesday 12 August 2014

Makeup Shopping

So yesterday I blogged about my Sister's makeup trial at Bobbi Brown and of course there was a teeny bit of shopping involved. 

Bobbi Brown Almost Bare Perfume

I always wanted to be one of those people who have a signature scent and now I am one of those people, sadly that is one of the only things I have achieved in life so far! 
This perfume just smells really fresh, how I image Jennifer Aniston smells after a walk on the beach! 
If that terrible description hasn't sold it to you, I can tell you that I have had a few compliments from random gentlemen actually asking what my perfume was (I'm assuming in a good way!)

Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque

So I mentioned in my last post that I had to buy this after seeing it used on my Sister. Bobbi Brown's Correctors are used to counteract dark under eye circles, the idea being that you apply this to correct the darkness and then apply a concealer on top. There really was a remarkable difference after this was applied, it just seemed to completely erase any bags or dark circles. I also find that I don't need to use a separate concealer over the top, as this is enough for me on its own. Although you do need to powder, as this is prone to creasing. 

MAC Prep and Prime Highlighter in Bright Forecast

These Prep and Prime Highlighters are one of my favourite products by MAC and I recommend them to everyone. Light Boost is my favourite which is a yellow colour, great for highlighting the face. Bright Forecast is more of a peachy colour so like the Bobbi Brown Corrector, great for brightening under the eyes. I'm sure you will see this popping up in a few Face of the Day posts.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light

As I am doing my Sisters makeup on her wedding day, there are a few products I have picked up recently which I knew I wanted to use on her. I love my Kevyn Aucoin highlighter but I thought this powder by Hourglass was a little more subtle and would look beautiful in photographs. This just gives your skin the most beautiful glow without looking like a highlighter. I think this could be a new obsession!

Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara

I have heard a lot of people rave about this mascara but the idea of buying a separate mascara for your bottoms lashes seemed ludicrous to me. Well I take it all back because I am now officially converted! This mascara has the teeniest, tiniest brush which allows you to get at all your bottom lashes without getting mascara all over your face. It gives a very pretty effect with zero clumpiness or spider lashes. The other amazing thing about this is that it doesn't smudge at all. I always have a problem with mascaras smudging on my bottom lashes, even waterproof ones but Clinique Bottom Lash does not budge. Love this stuff

4 comments:

  1. Love the Hourglass powder!

    Annie | www.drugstoredreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I'm sold on your perfume description! Haha, great haul and congrats to your sister!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete