Tuesday 26 August 2014

Face of the Night with MAC Velvet Teddy Lipstick

If you read my post yesterday you will have seen that my friends and I were all out on the town this weekend for birthday celebrations. I managed to sneak a peak inside all their makeup bags but didn't get round to taking a picture of my own makeup. Instead, I thought I would recreate it for a Face of the Day post.

There was definitely a bit of a 90s theme going on my with my makeup, with lots of brown tones, especially on the lips! For my lipstick I used Velvet Teddy which is probably my all time favourite MAC lipstick and has been for a long time. It is the perfect, matte 90s lip.

Face

Primer
MAC Prep & Prime Natural Radiance in 'Radiant Pink'

This is only a little sample pot but since using a MAC primer for my Sister's wedding makeup and seeing how amazing her makeup lasted, this is definitely on my wish list. 

Foundation
L'Oreal Lumi Magique Light Infusing Foundation

This foundation just makes me happy because the glow it gives makes me look like I've just come back from holiday, when really I've just been to Brighton for the day!

Under Eye Highlighter
MAC Prep & Prime Highlighter in 'Light Boost'

The bomb!

Powder
Charlotte Tilbury Air Brush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder

Whilst I wasn't a fan of Charlotte's Film Stars on the Go palettes, this powder is amazing. Another item used on my sisters wedding day, this stuff mattifies and keeps that dreaded shine at bay. Its also so finely milled that it feels really lightweight, not cakey or heavy at all. 

Bronzer
MAC Extra Dimension Bronzer in 'Aphrodite's Shell'

Contour
"Fawn" from the Anastasia Contour Palette

Blush
MAC 'The Perfect Cheek' Blush

This is from MAC's limited edition Marilyn Monroe collection but its up there in my top 5 blushers ever. If Velvet Teddy is the perfect 90s lip colour, this muted pink is the perfect 90s blush colour.

Highlight
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in 'Luminous Light'

I can't help using this, its my new obsession!


Eyes

Eyebrows
Anastasia Brow Whizz in 'Soft Brunette'
Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel

Its very rare for me to deviate from my beloved Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil and I think I'm going to have to go back to it soon because nothing else seems to work as well for me. 

Eyeshadow Primer
MAC Paintpot in 'Layin' Low'

Eyeshadow
MAC Eyeshadows in 'Grain' and 'Embark'
Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow in 'Taupe'

I have been having a bit of a MAC eyeshadow revival lately, in fact there is a lot of MAC in this makeup look in general! I used 'Grain' all over the lid with Bobbi Brown's 'Taupe' in the crease and blended lightly underneath the lower lash line. Finally I used 'Embark' on top of my eyeliner to smoke it out, the MAC 239 brush makes this a doddle!

Eyeliner
MAC Fluidline in 'Black Track'

Mascara
Tarte Lights Camera Flashes Mascara
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara

I know two mascaras is slightly excessive but I already have so much makeup on my face, why stop at one! You will definitely be seeing both of these in my monthly favourites.

Lips 

Lipliner
MAC Lip Liner in 'Half Red'

It wouldn't be a true 90s makeup if I didn't channel my inner Pamela Anderson and use a lip liner. Half Red is a muted, reddy/brown shade which I always seem to forget I own for some reason.

Lipstick
MAC 'Velvet Teddy' Lipstick

If you are looking for a good Kylie Jenner lipstick then you really should try this!



No comments:

Post a Comment