Monday 18 August 2014

Face of the Day with Laura Mercier Sheer Lip Colour in Baby Lips


If you have been reading my blog for a while, you might know that I have a slight obsession with finding out the exact makeup used in film and TV programmes. Laura Mercier's Sheer Lip Colour in Baby Lips is one of the shades used on Christina Hendricks in Mad Men, so of course I had to try it. 

I was thinking I really should do a blog post on my favourite 'your lips but better' lipsticks. You know the ones that give you some colour but you don't have to bother looking in a mirror to apply them! My friends always laugh that I have about 20 lipsticks the same colour!

Face

Foundation
L'Oreal Lumi Magique Light Infusing Foundation
I am so happy that I can finally wear this foundation again! I bought it last Summer but its quite dark so I can only wear it when I have a bit of a tan going on. This is one of my all time favourite foundations and that's compared to foundations that are 3 times the price. It gives a light to medium coverage, so I would still use a separate concealer but the glow it gives your skin is beautiful.

Concealer
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
I have actually just finished this concealer and its not one I would buy again. I don't think it gave particularly great coverage, especially for the price.

Bronzer
MAC Extra Dimension Bronzer in Aphrodite's Shell
This was a limited edition bronzer from MAC's summer collection. It doesn't have any glitter in it, but it has this sheen to it which just makes your skin glow. I hope MAC re-release these next Summer.

Contour and Highlight
Anastasia Contour Palette
Full review here, I just used the banana shade to powder under my eyes and down the centre of my face and used a tiny bit of Fawn to contour the cheeks slightly.

Blush
Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
Milani blushers are my favourite, they have just the right amount of colour and glow. You don't even need to use a separate highlight when using one of these.

Eyes

Eyebrows
Soap & Glory Archery and Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel
I ha vent reverted back to my beloved Hourglass pencil.....yet!

Eyeshadow Primer
NARS Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
My favourite eyeshadow primer, makes your eyeshadow last all day but is a nice light consistency, unlike other eyeshadow primers I've tried.

Eyeshadow
MAC Eyeshadow in Romp
I have fallen back in love with my MAC eyeshadow palettes and have been re-discovering all my old favourite shades like Romp and Woodwinked. Romp is a beautiful bronzy colour, which I like to apply all over the lid and blend out for a really effortless eye look.

Mascara
Tarte Lights Camera Flashes Mascara
From a re-discovery to a new discovery, oh my is this mascara is good! At first I wasn't sure but after about 2 weeks something amazing happened and this gave me the most volumised lashes of my life.

Lips

Lipstick
Laura Mercier Sheer Lip Colour in Baby Lips
If its good enough for Joan, its good enough for me! This is a really moisturising lipstick and looks really glossy on the lips, the only downside is that it wears off pretty quickly.

4 comments:

  1. damn. I need that lipstick. like, really bad!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! That looks so so pretty ! I'm gonna have to get that!

    ReplyDelete