Monday 11 August 2014

Bobbi Brown Bridal Makeup Trial

My Sister is getting married this Friday, so last week we paid a visit to Bobbi Brown for a bridal makeup trial.

I am doing my Sister's makeup on the day (so proud) but she wanted to try out some different products and looks beforehand. As Bobbi Brown are famous for their bridal makeup, they seemed like the best brand to go with.

We went to the Bobbi Brown counter in the Bentalls department store in Kingston. FYI they have an amazing makeup department with MAC, NARS, Hourglass and Laura Mercier to name a few!

Although the majority of my makeup skills are self taught, I did study theatrical and media makeup in college. I am always wary of makeup trials on counters, as some brands (not all) purely focus on the sales element. I have to say that the Bobbi Brown trial was nothing like that and the makeup artist didn't feel pushy at all and it was clear that she knew her stuff.

My favourite part of the makeup was definitely the base. At the beginning they had a chat and my Sister explained that whilst she wanted good coverage, she didn't want her makeup to look cakey. 
To help achieve this, the makeup artist used a lighter foundation but then used a foundation stick on the cheek, nose and any areas which required slightly more coverage. 
I am definitely a convert to their correctors now. She used this under one eye and the difference was so visible, under eye circles be gone! I may have picked one of these up for myself as well. 

Base

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick

Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit

Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder

Cheeks

Bobbi Brown Bronzer in Medium

Bobbi Brown Blush in Pale Pink

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Pink Quartz

Eyes

Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadows in Sand Dollar and Slate

Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liner in Caviar Ink

Bobbi Brown No Smudge Mascara

Lips

Bobbi Brown Sheer Lip Colour in Peachy

Bobbi Brown Brightening Lip Gloss in Nectar

I will definitely be using some of their base products on the day but I think I'm going to mix it up a little with the eyes! The makeup artist picked more grey tones but we are thinking more of a gold sparkle is needed!

Overall I really would recommend having a trial at Bobbi Brown if you are doing your makeup yourself or just want some inspiration. I will definitely try and do a post of the finished makeup on the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment