Friday 8 August 2014

Beauty Graveyard

Do you know whats more satisfying than buying a new beauty product? Using one up! 
Here are some mini reviews on all the beauty products I have finished recently.

Living Proof Prime Style Extender

A primer for your hair might sound weird but I actually really love this stuff. I find it gives my hair some style without doing much else to it. If I do curl my hair however, I'm convinced the curls last longer with this. I also like to use this like a serum and will rub a blob through my hair once its curled to smooth any frizz. I will definitely go back to this but at the moment I am using Bumble and Bumble's new hair primer which is amazing as well. I think hair primer is definitely the new thing!

VO5 Refresh Me Quick Dry Shampoo

As a rule, me and dry shampoos don't generally get along but I have been on a mission to find the best one. This one by VO5 is my favourite so far, mainly for the smell alone. Although this is quite white and powdery, its a light powder so blends easily into my hair and doesn't leave it looking ashy. 

Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray

My favourite sea salt/wave spray. Gives my hair those real beachy waves that I crave but doesn't leave your hair feeling crispy or matted like other sea salt sprays.

Charles Worthington Volume and Bounce Texturising Spray

The best of the budget texturising sprays. This gives volume but also gives your hair some hold, not something I would use on a daily basis but good for a night out or on second day hair that needs a bit of oomph.

Moroccanoil Treatment

I have been using Moroccanoil for a number of years now and its definitely earned its holy grail status. I use this every time I wash my hair and simply rub one pump into the ends of my towel dried hair. Without this my ends are all frizzy and nasty, which is why I don't think we can ever be parted. Although its pricey, a bottle lasts me around 6 months and that's using it every other day. 
I have already repurchased this but in the lighter version, which so far I am loving.

Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray

Although the Oribe spray is my all time favourite, the Bumble and Bumble is my current favourite ;) 
I spray this through my hair when its towel dried and then go to bed. When I wake up and brush my hair through its got so much more volume and natural wave. Brilliant for people like me who don't heat style their hair on a daily basis.

Oribe Dry Texturising Spray

Unlike the Charles Worthington this doesn't have any hold to it, so I tend to use this more like a dry shampoo and just use it on my hair when its looking a bit limp. Like all Oribe products, its eye wateringly expensive so i don't know if I could justify buying this again!

Vatika Naturals Sweet Almond Moisturising Shampoo and Conditioner

My mum likes to try natural beauty products and she found this shampoo and conditioner for me from Vatika which is an Indian brand. This left my hair feeling so sleek and shiny that I could not stop touching it! 

Lush Big Sea Salt Shampoo

I haven't used this shampoo for ages but I was reminded of it recently and wanted to try it again. This is a really gritty shampoo with lumps of salt that you can feel and touch but don't let that put you off. This gives my hair some serious volume and its so nice and refreshing to use. 

Bumble and Bumble Surf Foam Wash Shampoo

My favourite shampoo and conditioner. This leaves my hair feeling bouncy and soft. As you can probably tell, I gravitate towards any hair products that promise a beachy wave!

Aussie Mega Instant Conditioner

I love the Aussie Mega range as its clarifying, so leaves my greasy hair feeling squeaky clean without it feeling stripped or dry.

Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Pressed Powder

I wasn't overly fussed with this powder. It wasn't bad but I don't think it was the best at controlling shine.  On the whole I find Soap & Glory to be pretty expensive for a high street brand and the Rimmel Stay Matte which is less than half the price does a better job. I wouldn't buy this again.

Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF30

This is one of the best foundations for Summer as its a) waterproof and b) has a really high SPF. I also like that its light and not heavy on the skin. I would definitely look at buying this again next Summer.

MAC Opulash Mascara

This is in limited edition packaging but this is a permanent mascara in MAC's range. The brush is massive but it gives good volume and this has to be one of the most long wearing mascaras I have ever tried. Its not waterproof, but on me will last all day without smudging or flaking. 
I have found other mascaras I prefer since, so I don't think I will be repurchasing this anytime soon. 

Benefit They're Real Mascara

Possibly my all time favourite mascara, I just don't know if I'm ready to make such a sweeping statement. Also this mascara gets better after you have been using it for a couple of weeks and its dried out a little so if you are unsure at first, persevere!

Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer 

This is an amazing thick but creamy under eye concealer, which will give you some serious Kim K highlighting. Its great for touching up at the end of the day because it instantly makes you look brighter and more awake. 

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm

This is a real cult beauty product but it just didn't wow me. You apply this before your makeup and its meant to brighten and tighten your skin. As tightening isn't a skin concern for me at the moment, I just don't think I could really appreciate it. 
I wouldn't buy this again, not for a few years at least!

Vaseline Spray & Go Body Moisturiser Cocoa Radiant

As you can see I'm still in that lazy mood when it comes to body moisturising! This is lovely to use in the summer as well because its so cooling when you spray it. Definitely not the most effective of moisturisers but the most painless.

Yes to Carrots Hydrating Shower Gel

I'm so excited that Yes to is becoming more widely available and that you can now buy the range in Boots. I hope this is just the beginning of more natural brands becoming more easily available. 
Yes to have given their packaging a bit of a revamp so they are looking a bit sleeker these days, still the amazing all natural, nasty chemical free goodness inside though.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo +

I don't like being dependant upon things but I fear I am now dependant on this for keeping spots at bay. I use this every night before I moisturise and the improvement in my skin has been really noticeable. I still suffer from breakouts around that particular time of the month but for the other 3 weeks my skin is clearer than ever. Already stocked up on a new tube.

Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel

My favourite makeup cleanser. Its so quick, I just rub it all over my face and rinse off with a muslin cloth or flannel. It removes your eye makeup as well as your face makeup and doesn't irritate my eyes at all, unlike my current cleanser. I will definitely be coming back to this. 

That sense of achievement when you finish a beauty product, you cant beat it! I am considering doing a  "project pan" for those of you non beauty bloggers, this is where you have to use up a certain amount of makeup before buying anything new. If you have managed to successfully complete such a thing let me know and pass on your words of advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment