Thursday 14 August 2014

Anastasia Beverly Hills Pro Series Contour Kit

Contouring is more popular than ever this year thanks to the likes of Angelina Jolie in Maleficent and Kim Kardashians numerous selfies. 

Anastasia is America's brow queen and with Cult Beauty now stocking her products in the UK, her popularity looks set to rise over here. 
Not content with sticking to purely brow products, she has now released a contour kit so your cheeks and brows can look equally defined. 

The contour kit contains 6 shades, 3 lighter shades to highlight and 3 darker shades to contour. The palette has caused quite the beauty stir and is consistently sold out on Cult Beauty online, however I managed to nab one when it came back in stock last month.

My favourite colour to contour with from the palette is "Fawn" which is the lightest brown shade. This is a grey toned brown, so mimics a natural shadow. I use my NARS Ita brush to apply this. 
Honestly the NARS Ita brush makes contouring so easy as it does all the work for you!


Make sure to start your contour right in your hairline, I tend to start by the top of my ear and draw a line  about a quarter of the way down. I then flip my brush on the side and blend, blend, blend to diffuse the line a little.


For highlight I have been loving the slightly yellow toned powder, "Banana"
This really brightens the face and I use my powder brush to apply this underneath my eyes, on the centre of my forehead, down my nose and lightly on my chin.



Overall I have been loving this palette, as you can see from the pictures its already looking pretty well loved. The powders are lovely, pigmented and smooth, not chalky in the slightest. If you are a makeup fiend like myself you will love this. Its definitely not a must have though, purely because I have found myself sticking to the same 2 shades and I don't know how much use I will realistically get out of the other 2 darker contour colours. 

The Contour Kit is available from Cult Beauty for £45.00 its currently out of stock again so you may have to do some stalking to make sure you don't miss it when its available.

2 comments:

  1. daaaaaang, those cheek bones are looking good! I waited too damn long to get this palette! Can't find it anywhere in the US!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, theres no cheekbone there...just makeup ;) I think its kind of ridiculous that its sold out everywhere! Dont give up hope! xx

      Delete