Sunday 1 June 2014

May Favourites

Where did May go?! I'm just not mentally prepared for Summer!

I feel like my May favourites are a bit boring this month, but I just haven't been feeling particularly experimental with my makeup and have just been reaching for the same things. Having said that, I have got some new exciting products to share and use, so hopefully that will get my creativity kick started!

Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser Skin Conditioner for Dry Skin

My lazy body moisturising routine continues with this ingenious in-shower moisturiser by Nivea. You cleanse your skin with your usual shower gel, then apply this and rinse off. This isn't the most hydrating of moisturisers and if you suffer from particularly dry skin you might not be able to use this alone. For me at the moment its enough and I love that I can skip the whole sticky moisturising situation altogether. Winner.

Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF30 in Shade SP50

Each year when summer rolls round I always reach for this foundation, not only because of the high SPF but also because its waterproof. A sweaty summer saviour!

MAC Tan Pigment

Now I'm not normally a fan of loose pigments. They are just a bit too much of a faff to be messing around with, but Tan is such a pretty colour that I'm prepared to put up with a bit of faffing. This is a light pinky bronze colour, which I just wash all over my lid with lashings of mascara. This is pretty much the only eyeshadow I have worn this month.

MAC Extra Dimension Bronzer in Aphrodite's Shell

MAC's Alluring Aquatic collection was their best collection in a while and I really hope they re-release these bronzers at some point because the formula is lovely. These have got no shimmer in them but they aren't entirely matte either, they just have this beautiful sheen to them which gives you a lovely healthy glow.

Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer in Fair

This is all I've got left of this concealer and I will definitely miss it when its gone. This is an ultra creamy concealer which really brightens and highlights your under eye area. Because it is so creamy I don't use it on any blemishes, as I find it gets too shiny throughout the day but as an under eye concealer I love it.  I will definitely purchase this again at some point.

Burberry Lip Cover in English Rose

My favourite lipstick of all time and this is all I have left :'( Why is it that all of your favourite products seem to finish at once! This is my perfect everyday lipstick, I have featured it in on my blog countless times and while I would love to use up some of my other lipsticks first before repurchasing this, I just don't think I will be able to be without it! (Bit dramatic)

Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight

Alongside English Rose, this is one of my all time, could not live without, favourite makeup products. I could put this in every single monthly favourites post because I use it and love it every single day. Its now my favourite part of my makeup and I always put it on my bag on night outs. Believe the hype!

Sons of Anarchy

I like including one non beauty favourite each month and this month without a doubt its Sons of Anarchy. I am obsessed with this programme and more than a little bit obsessed with Jax and Opie! To give you a brief summary, its about a motorcycle club in California. Granted its no Sopranos and the Irish accents are pretty shocking but I really like the characters and it keeps you gripped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment