Monday 19 May 2014

New In

I have been a bad beauty blogger recently and tried lots of new, pretty things, but not shared any of them on here! I thought the easiest way to rectify this, would be to smush all these products into one massive post and as I am very much a visual person, I have included a bonus Face of the Day wearing these beauties!

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

I just ran out of my last bottle of Bioderma and my lovely friend Chloe recommended this as an alternative. I do love the L'oreal Micellar Water but the Garnier one is double the size and about half the price (as Kevin Bacon would say, no brainer). I do have a theory that all Micella Waters are essentially the same and the Garnier version works a treat. The only thing I have noticed is, that it doesn't remove mascara as quickly but I really cant complain.

If you have never tried using Micellar Water to remove your makeup before, I highly recommend giving it a go. I really struggle to use face wipes, as they make my face and eyes sting and leave my face looking red and blotchy. Micellar Water's are so gentle and remove all my makeup with no stinging at all!

Models Own Polish for Tans in Beach Bag

Models Own released a line of neon nail polishes which are designed to "instantly highlight golden skin". FYI, there is no crazy new formula here, they are just neon nail polishes. 
Beach Bag is a pale neon coral colour. I do love the colour and have no doubt it would really emphasise a tan, but I was not impressed with the formula of this polish. It was very thick and gloopy, like all neons it drys matte so you need a top coat, but I noticed after a few days my nails were looking matte again and my top coat had almost disappeared. 
In summary lovely colour, crappy formula.

Clinique Chubby Stick in Whooping Watermelon

I am very late to the Chubby Stick bandwagon, but my friend Nat had the most amazing lipstick on and when I asked her what it was, she told me it was one of these. That particular shade was Heftiest Hibiscus, which I feel needs its own dedicated post and since then I have added Whooping Watermelon to the collection (even the lady on the Clinique counter chuckled at the name). This is a very sheer pink,  which just adds a little something, something to your everyday makeup.

L'oreal Miss Manga Mascara in Waterproof

I really loved L'oreal's Miss Manga mascara so when I heard they were releasing it in a waterproof formula, I practically ran to Boots. I have done a full review of this mascara here and the waterproof formula is just as good.

Anastasia DipBrow Pomade in Chocolate

When it comes to brows I stick to what I like (yes I am talking about my beloved Hourglass pencil) however these new DipBrow's by Anastasia intrigued me and I wanted to give them a try. 
These are little pots of tinted brow mousse, which claim to be waterproof and smudge proof. You need to apply this with a brush to your brows, a brush isn't included but any angled brush will do (I have been using the MAC 263). 
If you are someone that likes a really defined brow, you will love this stuff as you can really sculpt some serious brows with it. For me this is a bit of a faff to do on a daily basis but I have enjoyed using it for nights out, to give my brows a bit more drama. The only thing that is a bit rubbish is the shade range. There are 5 shades available, ranging from blonde to ebony, but there isn't a light brown. I opted for Chocolate but ideally would have preferred a slightly lighter colour. 
These are available exclusively in the UK from Cult Beauty.

Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream

I have my Mum to thank for getting this baby back in my life. Sadly you can only get this in the US but if you are heading that way, or are lucky enough to live there, then you need to try this moisturiser. Its hydrating, light and helps keep my skin clear from blemishes. Love it!

Dior Diorskin Nude Shimmer Instant Illuminating Powder in Rose 001

This was what I would consider a "naughty purchase". I really didn't need it, but it was just too pretty to leave! This is like a more pigmented version of my beloved Milani powder and gives a pretty pink, highlighted glow to your cheeks. I can already tell this is going to me my go to blusher for the next few months.

Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Tailor Made Bronzing Powder in Naturel Brunettes 03

Another guilty purchase but one I have been resisting for a long time! Guerlain Bronzers are the ultimate luxury but they are also some of the most natural looking bronzers available. I love how this has 4 different colours which you can either pick and choose from, or blend together. There are 6 different shades available and Guerlain have made it easy for you to find your perfect shade by naming them by different hair colours. 
I regret nothing!

Bobbi Brown Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Raspberry

I have a lip balm addiction and these limited edition balms were calling me. I love how they are in the traditional lip balm tube but just slightly sleeker and sturdier. These are surprisingly pigmented and give you the same colour as a sheer lipstick would. Pink Raspberry is a very me colour, a natural pink toned nude. These feel really lovely and moisturising on the lips, my only complaint would be that the colour doesn't last long enough. Overall though, I would really recommend these and it looks like they are already selling out fast!

Don't say I don't deliver on my promises ;) because here I am, wearing it all. There are definitely some products in here which I know will become my new staples, particularly the Dior blush, Guerlain bronzer and Bobbi Brown lip balm!


Foundation: Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation mixed with Nars Illuminator in Copacabana
Concealer: Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer and Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage
Bronzer: Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Tailor Made Bronzer in Naturel Brunettes
Blusher: Dior Nude Shimmer Instant Illuminating Powder in Rose
Powder: Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot
Eyebrows: Anastasia DipBrow Pomade in Chocolate
Eyes: MAC Tan Pigment and L'oreal Miss Manga Waterproof Mascara
Lips: Bobbi Brown Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Raspberry

1 comment:

  1. Really want to try the Anastasia DipBrow Pomade. Your make up looks gorgeous in the photo. x

    ReplyDelete