Thursday 1 May 2014

April Favourites

This is a shout out to you April, thanks for being a bloody awesome month! I hope you all had thoroughly enjoyable past months as well. A definite highlight for me was seeing McBusted, Busted may be gone but they will forever live on in my heart! I had some really good nights out, although my copious vodka and orange  consumption has now led to a mouth ulcer! My Easter Sunday was spent eating curry and watching the Kardashians but its ok I'm pretty sure the Pope doesn't read my blog! And last but definitely not least, my Mum has now completed her chemotherapy and surgery, just radiotherapy to go! 

Now on with the makeup favourites.....

By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Misty Rock 

I pretty much wore this eyeshadow all month long, these Ombre Blackstars are so quick to slap on and blend out, plus the colours are really beautiful. I love how these look by the end of the day, they don't crease at all but they get this almost glossy finish to them, very Kate Moss. A definite must have, I have done a full review and swatch-a-thon here.

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita

Ooh an oldie but a goodie. When it comes to lips, matte is by far my favourite finish. I would describe Dolce Vita as a soft, muted rose red. It really reminds me of one of the lipsticks Rachel McAdams wears in The Notebook. It has yet to bag me my own Ryan Gosling though (boo).
If you want to see it on, I am wearing it in this Face of the Day post.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo +

This stuff is actually amazing! It has honestly worked wonders for me, my skin hasn't been this clear in years. I am also starting to notice it fading my previous marks and scars. This is now my second tube, I panicked when I realised my first tube was running out and had to make an EBT (Emergency Boots Trip). If you are suffering with spots, give this a try!

Origins VitaZing Energy-Boosting Moisturiser

As the Effaclar Duo + has made me and my skin very happy, I have been taking full advantage and wearing much lighter bases. VitaZing is a moisturiser which is a grey/white colour but once blended onto your skin gives you a very slight hint of colour and a really beautiful, healthy glow. The coverage is very light, lighter than a tinted moisturiser but if you just add some concealer where you need it, you are good to go. I have been using this on the weekends when I want to give my skin a break from foundation.

Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight

I love this highlighter so much that I could put it in my favourites every single month. I think this has to be up there in my top 5 beauty discoveries of all time, it is simply the best highlighter I have ever used. It gives your skin a beautiful but natural glow, no gritty glitter or shimmer here! Honestly, I am obsessed with this and have now started keeping it in my bag to touch up. It is ridiculously expensive but you know what, when this runs out I wont hesitate to buy it again. I honestly don't think I could use another highlighter now.

Neal's Yard Rose Facial Wash

My Sister bought me this for my Birthday and I have just used up the last drop :( I love me some natural products, so it makes me happy to see that this is made from all natural, organic ingredients. This removed my makeup a treat, didn't irritate my skin at all and was generally a very nice cleanser to use. I will definitely be exploring more of the Neal's Yard range in the future.

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet Foundation in B30

Its been a month, so I think I am safe to say I bloody love this foundation. The medium coverage is perfect for me and it is so light it doesn't feel like you are wearing a foundation. This has been my foundation of choice on all those aforementioned nights out! It lasts all evening and the semi-matte finish works really well on my combination skin. Yep, believe the hype on this one!

Finally, I thought I would leave you with a couple of pictures from McBusted! I didn't take many and to be honest they were all of Dougie, but can you blame me? ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment