Monday 7 April 2014

MAC Prep & Prime CC Colour Correcting Compact in Neutralize

I have put off writing this review for a while, as I just couldn't seem to formulate an opinion. I have procrastinated enough now though and if I don't get this review up soon, MAC's CC collection will soon have disappeared.

First up, if you get your BB's and your CC's mixed up, let me explain. BB stands for blemish balm and is essentially a tinted moisturiser with a range of added skincare benefits. 
CC stands for colour correcting, the product (liquid or powder) is designed to counteract certain colours in your skin. For example you might suffer from very red cheeks, or have particularly yellow toned skin, which can make you look sallow.

MAC released a CC collection of different liquids and powders, all designed to counteract these different skin tone problems. I was really impressed by Ben Nye's Banana Powder but loose powder is such a faff, so I was excited to see that MAC released a yellow pressed powder.

In each of the liquids and powders in this collection there are 4 different shades depending on your skin tone. 
'Adjust' is a peachy beige which will brighten medium skin tones, 'Recharge' is an orange colour which will have the same effect but on darker skin tones. 'Illuminate' is a lavender colour which neutralises yellow tones in the skin and finally 'Neutralize' is a yellow colour which neutralises pinky/red tones in the skin. 

I went for the yellow toned powder, Neutralize as I like to cancel out any redness in my skin, plus the yellow gives a very pretty but natural highlight. 
Don't be scared by how yellow this looks in the pan, these are designed to be very sheer, so wont appear yellow on your skin. The sheerness actually helps correct your skin tone, rather than mask it with a whole other colour. 

So, whats good and whats not so good. 
The good, I do notice this helps to neutralise the pink tones in my skin, it also brightens and I like the overall finish. It also works well as a setting powder and worked just as well as my current Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder. There is a but though, the quality of this powder isn't great. I find it to be very hard, almost chalky, to the point where I really have to scrub my brush in the powder to get it out. So sadly for that reason alone I wouldn't recommend this :( Its such a shame, if the quality was better this would be amazing, but for £20.00 I expect more. 

If you did want to try one of these out for yourself they are available from Debenhams priced at £20.00 each. 


2 comments:

  1. for the hefty price and lack of quality....definitely going to pass on these! Thanks for the review!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a skip bit gutted about this one :( x

      Delete