Monday 10 March 2014

Sephora Ships to the UK!

Sephora is my favourite shop in the world. I'm pretty sure that I have been to every single Sephora store in New York....within a 5 day period. So when Sephora finally announced they were shipping to the UK last week, I was just a little bit excited!

For my fellow Sephora junkies out there this will be amazing news but let me prewarn you that every silver lining does have a cloud and Sephora have bought a huge thunder storm in the form of shipping restrictions! 

The shipping restrictions are vast and not entirely clear. You wont realise what you can and cant order until you get to the checkout, which is pretty gutting. You cannot order any perfume, that includes full size bottles and roller balls, or any nail polish. Now I could potentially understand this if its to do with the glass packaging but these weren't the only restrictions. I couldn't order anything from Kate Somerville, or my beloved Tarte Maracuja Oil. I managed to order a full size Living Proof shampoo and conditioner but I couldn't order the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Styling Treatment and my Mum was also denied a Bobbi Brown lipstick. 

Overall I wasn't very impressed, plus tax and duty is added on to your order at the end. In some ways I'm pleased that I still have an excuse to go to America ;) but I was pretty gutted at their harsh and seemingly random restricted products. Anyway moan over, here's what I did get! 
Oh and I should say I haven't really tried anything yet but when I have I will get reviews up.

Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo and Conditioner

I was quite strict and only ordered items that I knew I couldn't get in the UK. Although you can buy Living Proof in the UK, the Perfect Hair Day range is not available over here and i was desperate to try it. As I said for some reason I couldn't order the Styling Treatment from this range which was the product I wanted to try the most :(

The Perfect Hair Day range is designed to keep hair cleaner for longer and reduce breakage. These are oil and silicone free and smell just as lovely as the rest of the Living Proof range.

Boscia Self Defence Vital Antioxidant Moisture SPF 30

As I couldn't order my beloved Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturiser I went for this Boscia one instead. I got a deluxe sample of this last year and was really impressed. For such a high SPF coverage, its nice and light and doesn't irritate my skin at all. You can't buy Boscia products in the UK but they are another brand I really want to try more from. 

Sephora Ribbon Hair Ties and Sephora Pro Airbrush Concealer Brush

I got a pack of these hair ties in America last year and they are so much nicer than a traditional elastic band. They hold my hair much better and don't pull or leave any kinks. 

This concealer brush was on my shopping list last year but I completely forgot about it, so I thought I would give it a try now. I highly recommend Sephora's makeup brushes and tools. Great quality and good value for money.

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Exposed

I have been loving MAC's Harmony blush recently and thought this would make a nice alternative. Tarte is meant to be launching in the UK on QVC this month which I am very excited about as I'm still desperate to get my hands on more Maracuja Oil!

Josie Maran Argan Creamy Concealer Crayon in Fair 1

This concealer crayon intrigued me and I thought it would be great for highlighting. I love that this crayon twists up, so you don't have to faff around trying to sharpen it. I also love Josie Maran's philosophy, "Beauty with a Conscience". Josie was a Supermodel, you might recognise her from past Maybelline adverts and she only uses natural ingredients in her makeup. The more you read about her ethics and passion for empowering women, the more you will be inspired.

Marc Jacobs Lolita Eyeshadow Palette

I actually ordered 2 of these, one for me and one for my Mum. I haven't used it on myself yet but I have done my Mum's eye makeup with this palette a couple of times now and the colours are beautiful. Only thing you may have to watch out for is fall out, as these do seem to fly everywhere in the pan.

I have to say my initial excitement of Sephora shipping to the UK was definitely dampened by all the restrictions and I doubt I will be making another order but I'm happy with the items I did get, especially as I wouldn't be able to get any of them here in the UK. 

Just get me a plane ticket next time!

4 comments:

  1. man that sucks with the whole restriction problem! :(( Still, it looks like you got some lovely goodies! Excited to see what you come up with that Marc Jacob's palette!!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I should quit my whining really! ;) I will definitely be doing a face of the day with it, may be this weekend xx

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I really like this sephora beauty collection.It's amazing and mind blowing.Every thing which is displaying above is nice cosmetics and specially this concealer is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh Im expecting good things from this now :)

      Delete