Sunday 9 February 2014

Pixiwoo Katy Perry Who You Love Makeup Tutorial

My YouTube addiction is no secret, I could and do spend hours procrastinating watching videos. Even now I should be writing this blog post but I'm watching a Nirvana MTV Unplugged playlist instead! Beauty videos are my kryptonite though and I love it when a new one comes up in my subscription box.

The Pixiwoo sisters have been my favourite YouTubers for a long time and when Nic uploaded her Katy Perry tutorial the other week, I loved it so much I just had to recreate it.

I didn't use the exact same products but after watching Nic's video I did buy MAC's Layin' Low Paintpot and Laura Mercier's Plumberry lip liner. 

Face

Foundation
MAC Studio Fix Fluid
I am not the biggest fan of Studio Fix Fluid but when your skin looks like crap this covers it all.

Concealer
MAC Prep & Prime Highlighter in Light Boost
I use this in the centre of my face to highlight and brighten.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
Love this concealer for covering blemishes/redness.

Bronzer
Guerlain Terracotta Moisturising Bronzing Powder in Makeup Artist 00
My current go to bronzer, if you cant tell already by the massive hole in it!

Blush
MAC Harmony Blusher
My MAC blush palette is one of my most neglected items of makeup. I love having my eyeshadows in a palette but not my blushers, I just end up forgetting I have them! I am so happy this tutorial made me dig out Harmony again as I had forgotten how much I love this colour. The perfect, pinky/brown natural 90's colour (I love 90's makeup!)

Highlighter
Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder in Candlelight
I'm not sure if Nic used a highlighter in the tutorial but my obsession with this highlighter isn't going anytime soon!

Eyes

Base
MAC Paintpot in Layin' Low
Back in the day, when my MAC obsession was a little out of control I was obsessed with Paintpots and had pretty much every colour MAC made! Layin' Low is the first Paintpot I have bought in a long time but its a good colour for me, a light tan which you can slap all over your lids for a bit of definition when you're feeling too lazy to do much else. Although Nic didn't put any colour on the bottom lash line, I just cant resist so I smudged this quite far underneath my eyes as well.

Eyeshadow
Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Paint in Rich Russet
In the tutorial Nic applied this over the top of Layin' Low by patting it on her with her finger. I love this technique as it gives a much more subtle effect and gives your lids almost a glossy sheen.

MAC Harmony Blush
Nic used a tiny bit of the blush though her crease for added definition. I used a little bit more and smudged it underneath my lower lash line because I like to pretend I'm Courtney Love when I apply my makeup!

Eyeliner
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
The eyeliner really was the key to this look, I kept things a little more subtle by applying a thin line and flick with my Stila liquid liner first.

Louise Young Essential Eyeshadow Palette
I then smoked my liner out by smudging the black eyeshadow from my Louise Young palette all over with my MAC 263 brush. I love how this looks, the eyeshadow really softens the line and gives you some serious come to bed eyes!

Mascara
L'oreal Voluminous Mascara
I have been loving this mascara lately, gives lots of volume but with no clumpiness.

Eyebrows
Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette
The usual.

Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel
Standard.


Lips

Lipliner
Laura Mercer Plumberry Lip Liner
Like Harmony, this is a perfect pinky/brown natural colour. I have worn this quite a lot recently as a colour all over my lips, then I just put a bit of lipbalm over the top.

I'm now currently trying to talk myself out of buying the Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage Eyeshadow palette after Sam's amazing Emma Willis tutorial , damn you YouTube!



No comments:

Post a Comment