Saturday 22 February 2014

Face of the Day with MAC Mehr Lipstick

After my little MAC haul earlier in the week I promised a Face of the Day, so here we are.

Face

Foundation
L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Foundation
I am a massive fan of L'Oreal's foundations, I finished my Magic Nude Liquid Powder this week and I feel slightly bereft. Infallible 24 Hr is L'Oreal's newest addition to their foundation line and I was keen to try it. Today is the first day I have worn it, so I'm not in a position to give a full review but so far I'm not blown away. Its quite thick, especially when compared to the extremely runny Magic Nude.  It gives a medium to full coverage and while I don't think it would last 24 hours, it has stayed on all day. 

Concealer
MAC Prep & Prime Highlighter in Light Boost
You are probably bored of seeing this in all my Face of the Day posts but I just don't want to use anything else at the moment!

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer
Brilliant, heavy duty concealer for spots and redness.

Powder
Ben Nye Luxury Banana Powder
I have a bit of a powder gap in my life at the moment. I finished up the Rimmel Stay Matte, which is a very good powder but my inner snob can't deal with the cheap packaging. I tried the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot powder but I wasn't very impressed and by the end of the day I was shining all over the place. I do love the finish of the Ben Nye powder and it keeps my oil at bay, but again the packaging isn't overly functional for everyday use. If you have any good setting powder recommendations let me know.

Bronzer
Guerlain Terracotta Moisturising Bronzing Powder in 00 Makeup Artist
This will remain my go to bronzer until I use it all up!

Blush
MAC Harmony
Still loving it and still sculpting those non existent cheek bones.

Highlight
NARS Copacabana Illuminator
The weather was beautiful today so I dug out this bad boy as I was feeling very Spring like. Have to say it didn't work so well, as the L'oreal foundation is quite heavy with a matte finish. I think I might do an all out glowy Face of the Day tomorrow with this though.

Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight
As Copacabana didn't work too well I was quite literally forced to apply my favourite ever highlighter on top. Of course I wasn't actually forced but how else do you justify the use of two highlighters on one face!

Eyes

Eyeshadow Primer
Benefit Stay Don't Stray
This must be the never ending eyeshadow primer, the darn thing just wont finish. Its a good primer but the packaging is crap and its overpriced so I do not recommend.

Eyeshadow
MAC Pigment in Naked
One of the items from my little MAC trip. This is such a pretty but subtle champagne colour. Works really well as an inner corner highlight because its so natural looking. I applied this all over my lid.

MAC Folie Eyeshadow
I then took Folie, which is a red based brown and applied it through my crease and underneath my lower lash line. I did also use a bit of my bronzer to act as a transition colour between the two shades. This keeps everything blended and prevents any harsh lines.

Mascara
L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara
I have been loving this mascara lately, it gives me lots of volume and length and it stays put all day, hoorah.

Eyebrows
Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette
No surprise here.

Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel
I desperately need to buy a new one of these, this one is getting quite nasty!

Lips

Lipstick
MAC Lipstick in Mehr (Matte)
My favourite item from my MAC haul. This lipstick is my new obsession, a beautiful dark pink, perfect for every day and I simply love the matte finish. Surprised I haven't heard more people raving about this lipstick.



No comments:

Post a Comment