Sunday 23 February 2014

Bare Minerals Ready True Romantic Eyeshadow Palette

True Romantic is Bare Minerals latest collection for Spring. The collection is very feminine with neutral tones and grown up pinks. This really is a beautiful, well edited collection and the name, True Romantic fits it perfectly. Now Valentines day is over I feel save to mention the R word!

Not only is the colour palette for this collection beautiful but the rose gold packaging is a really nice touch. Although have you ever tried to photograph a mirrored eyeshadow palette, my attempt is below!

There are 4 eyeshadow's in this palette, clockwise from top left: Love It, Woo Is Me, Head Over Heels and Louder. All the eyeshadow's are nicely pigmented and apply smoothly except 'Woo Is Me' which is a bit gritty and gets everywhere! 

I am a little disappointed with this palette for two reasons. One the quality of 'Woo Is Me', especially as its my favourite colour in the palette and two, the lack of a warm toned brown. 'Head Over Heels' is very cool toned and I just think a warmer tone would have worked better with the other colours, plus you know I love my warm toned eyeshadows.

At £29 this doesn't come cheap and my advise would be to skip this and buy Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette instead. Naked 3 costs a little bit more at £37.00 but you get twelve eyeshadows which are all amazing quality. 

I knew I should have bought the blush, damn it!

Bare Minerals True Romantic collection is available online from Bare Minerals.





4 comments:

  1. This palette looks really pretty in the pan, I actually especially love the matte grey/taupe colour. And also love your blog btw :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I definitely got suckered in by the packaging on this one!

      Delete
  2. I almost bought this in a kit on QVC with the blusher and an eyeliner too! I'm glad I didn't though because I already have the Naked 3 palette! :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a wise move its really not worth the money! Annoyed with myself for buying it! Xx

      Delete