Sunday 19 January 2014

Messy Waves

When it comes to hair I have learnt (the hard way!) to keep things simple, the trick is to make it look like you made no effort at all.

This hairstyle is essentially a more messy version of my Game of Thrones hair. Wavy, messy hair with a lot of texture, think Jennifer Aniston, the Olsen Twins etc.

Here is my piss easy guide for messy wavy hair

1. Brush your hair and start. This hairstyle works a lot better on day two hair, so you can skip the shower!

2. Get out your curling wand, mine is the Babyliss Waving Wand which I love. Its the only thing I use to curl my hair and was quite the revelation when I discovered it, I cannot recommend it enough. 
Now you can be fancy here and section your hair but I was not feeling very fancy so just started curling. Make sure to curl AWAY from your face (oh 18 to 23 year old Laura if only you knew that very important fact). Curl away until.......

3. You have a head of curls and look like the Lion from The Wizard of Oz after hes been beautified.

4. Fight the urge to brush through those curls! Its ok you wont have to stay like little orphan Annie for long but if you can just leave your hair until it cools down your curls will hold so much better. I tend to do my makeup in this time.

5. DESTROY THE RINGLETS! Get your hands in there and shake, shake, shake. 

6. Straighten - Now I know using two hair tools seems like a lot of effort but trust me this is the key to this look. Straighten random sections of your hair, particularly focusing on the ends. No rhyme or reason to this, just grab whatever bits you fancy. Make sure you run the straightener through your hair quickly.

7. Now you just want to add some product to your hair to give it extra texture, body and hold. You can use whatever you want, I like using the Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray or the Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray. Today though I used Trevor Sorbie's Goop, which is a texturising paste. 

And you're done


No comments:

Post a Comment