Friday 17 January 2014

Maybelline Big Eyes Volum' Express Mascara

In my opinion Maybelline do the best mascaras, not just on the high street but compared to high end brands as well. Although they did let me down with their last release, Mega Plush (don't buy it). 
I'm hoping they will redeem themselves with 'Big Eyes'.

Like L'oreal's Miss Manga Mascara, this promises to give you that big eyed effect. I'm guessing big eyes are the in thing at the moment. The mascara has a fiber formula which promises to instantly build volume without clumping.

Big Eyes is double ended with 2 separate brushes for your top and bottom lashes. Both are bristle brushes, with the upper lash brush being much thicker and slightly curved. The brush for the bottom lashes is tiny with very small bristles. 

Now, I will be straight with you here. If you don't have the time or inclination you wont like this mascara because you need to be patient with it. On the first coat it doesn't do much at all, don't give up though. After two coats you start to notice a difference, particularly in the length of your lashes. Now call me crazy but I actually went back and did a third coat with this, mainly focusing right on the tips of my lashes. That's when I really noticed the fiber formula and I could feel my lashes practically touching my eyebrows (best feeling in the world?!)

The brush for your bottom lashes doesn't do anything in the way of volume but just leaves you with nicely defined, natural looking bottom lashes.

If you don't mind spending a bit of time on your mascara then try this, I don't think you will be disappointed.

I cant find this online yet but I picked mine up in Boots last weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment