Friday 24 January 2014

Face of the Day with Givenchy Hydra Sparkling Magic Lip and Cheek Balm

This is one of my go to makeup looks, foolproof products which leave you looking a lot more fresh and awake but still look natural.

Face

Foundation
NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Fiji
My new love, full review here

Concealer
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium
This has quickly become my favourite concealer, giving my beloved Laura Mercer Secret Camouflage a run for its money. This gives superb coverage but doesn't look or feel cakey or heavy, plus it costs less than a fiver!

MAC Prep & Prime Highlighter in Light Boost
As much as I love the Collection concealer, for me I prefer something more highlighting under my eyes, to give me added brightness. This is great because its yellow toned and makes you look a lot more radiant then you actually are. I apply this in the middle of my forehead, down the centre of my nose and under my eyes. One of my favourite products.

Bronzer
Guerlain Terracotta Moisturising Bronzing Powder in 00 Makeup Artist
A bronzer is essential for me, even in Winter. This bronzer by Guerlain adds just the right amount of dimension and warmth to my face.

Blush
Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Blush in Natural
I have made no secret of how much I love my Happy Booster blush in Warm and I may or may not have purchased a new shade, Natural from Amazon. I have not stopped wearing this blush since getting it. It gives me the most beautiful, natural, pink flush. Dare I say I even prefer it to the Warm version?!

Eyes

Eyebrows
Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette
The best.

Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel
Also the best.

Eyeshadow Primer
Benefit Stay Don't Stray
This is a very good eyeshadow primer, evens out the colour of my lids and makes my shadow last all day but I wouldn't recommend it as its overpriced and the pump packaging means you waste a lot of product.

Eyeshadow
Bobbi Brown Eyeshadows in Bone, Toast and Camel
I love me some Bobbi Brown shadows and I have created the perfect warm trio for myself with this palette. Camel reminds me of a cigarette (ugh) but its the perfect brown colour to bring out blue eyes!

Eyeliner
MAC Fluidline in Dipdown
Its not very often I have an eyeliner to include in my Face of the Day posts but I have been loving my subtle eyeliner at the moment and this brown colour keeps things looking natural.

Mascara
Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara
I may have bought this purely for the packaging but I have used it for a fair few months now and can say it is actually a very good mascara. Very black and gives lots of volume and drama.

Lips

Lip balm
Givenchy Hydra Sparkling Magic Lip and Cheek Balm
Lastly I used my absolute favourite Givenchy lip balm. This is perfect for me because 
a) it keeps my lips moisturised 
b) it gives me the perfect pink colour 
c) the pink colour stays as a stain on your lips after the balm has worn off, so my lips stay pink all day! 

This is my second pot of this stuff and I can tell I will soon be on my third!


Now that seems like a hell of a lot of products for a "natural" makeup look!



No comments:

Post a Comment