Tuesday 31 December 2013

Goodbye 2013






I wish I could say 2013 was the best year of my life so far....but it really wasn't. I'm really hoping 2014 will be the year (crosses fingers, toes and eyes). There was one good thing about 2013 though and that was my holiday. Chicago, Memphis, San Diego and LA, I will forever cherish those memories. 
I wonder if my feet will ever be that brown again?


As promised yesterday, here is my Face of the Day for New Years Eve. I was thinking about getting the glitter out but 2013 doesn't deserve glitter, so a dark eye it is.




Eyes

Eyebrows
Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette

Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel

Eyeshadow Primer
Benefit Stay Don't Stray

Eyeshadow
Smashbox Smokebox Palette
This was a Christmas present, so I was excited to play around with it today. I used the lightest colour, Alabaster all over my lid and the sparkly warm brown, Roast in my crease and underneath my lower lash line.

Eyeliner
MAC Eye Kohl in Prunella
I have rediscovered my love for Prunella, such a cool metallic plum colour. Looks way better than black eyeliner.

Brushes
MAC 217 Blending Brush and Smashbox Crease Brush
I thought I would show you the brushes I used, as the key to a smoky eye is blending and to blend well you need good brushes. Of course I used my trusty MAC 217 but this brush from Smashbox is so big and fluffy its amazing for blending any harsh edges.

Mascara
Bourjois Liner Effect Mascara
My beautiful friend Amelia recommended this to me, so I had to try it. This is my first time using it but I love how black it is. It says the formula is enriched with kohl, which I'm guessing is what makes it such a deep black.



Face

Primer
Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser
I only got this about 3 hours to go, I was so excited when I saw it in Boots I grabbed the last one. I'm going to do a post tomorrow on some other new goodies I found in Boots as well, so look out for that!

Foundation
MAC Studio Fix Fluid
As I have done my makeup about 5 hours before I'm actually going out (brilliant) I needed some heavy duty foundation to make sure it lasts! Studio Fix does smell like paint but boy does it last.

Concealer
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
Again, I have only had this for a matter of hours but I just have all this new makeup that I'm really excited to try! I was impressed by the coverage and although I was umming and ahhing over the shade selection, I definitely think I picked the best shade for my skin tone with 'Vanilla'.

Bronzer
Guerlain Terracotta Moisturising Bronzing Powder

Powder
Ben Nye Luxury Banana Powder
The last of the new products! The infamous yellow Kim Kardashian powder, I will experiment with this a bit more before letting you know my thoughts!

Lips

Lipliner
Jordana Tawny
My favourite lip liner and it only cost me $1.99 from Walgreens

Lipstick
Burberry Lip Cover in English Rose
That's how I roll, a $1.99 lipliner and a £22.50 lipstick. Makes you even cooler if you are using 2 different currencies!

I hope you all have a fun New Years Eve and a happy and healthy 2014!


No comments:

Post a Comment