Friday 20 December 2013

7 Party Makeup Looks: 6 The Everlasting Makeup

My penultimate Party Makeup Look is all about making your makeup last all night. We've all been there, you've had a long night out, you've stopped off in the chicken shop on your way home and you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror. If you don't want to end your night a sweaty dishevelled mess then I have some tips for you!

Face

Makeup Setting Spray
Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray
If I could only give you one tip for long lasting makeup, investing in one of Urban Decays makeup setting sprays would be it. I would not be without one of these in the Summer, I swear by them to keep my makeup on all day. Make sure you spray a few pumps all over your face before you apply any makeup and then again once your makeup is finished, life changer! I normally use their De-Slick version which is for oily skin but I thought for a change I would try the All Nighter. Personally I prefer the De-Slick as I think it does a slightly better job on my skin but really there is very little difference.
Available from Debenhams £9.00 for 30ml or £19.50 for 118ml

Foundation
Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Stay-in-Place Makeup
This is the most long wearing foundation I have found, perfect for party makeup or for someone like me who doesn't touch up their makeup during the day.
Available from Boots £28.50

Concealer
Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer
I use this concealer more to highlight then to conceal anything. I use it under my eyes, in the centre of my forehead and chin and down my my nose. It gives your skin a really flawless finish which I love.
Available from Space NK £23.00

Bronzer
Guerlain Terracotta Moisturising Bronzing Powder in 00 Makeup Artist
As I was wearing a red lip I didn't want to wear blush, so just used a bit of my current favourite bronzer.
Available from Debenhams £34.00

Powder
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
To make doubly sure my makeup lasts all night, as well as the setting spray I will finish off with a bit of powder in the spots I am prone to getting oily. This also just sandwiches in all the makeup you applied so it lasts all night.
Available from Boots £3.99

Highlight
Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder in Candlelight
Long wearing face makeup can look a bit matte with all that powder so I like to add a bit of my favourite highlighter to put some glow back. You can use whatever highlighter you want but make sure its a powder one as it will last longer.
Available from Space NK £35.00

Eyes

Eyebrows
Soap and Glory Archery
Available from Boots £10.00

Maybelline Brow Drama in Medium Brown
Available from Boots £4.99

Eyeshadow 
Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze
These cream eyeshadows from Maybelline are amazing, their lasting power is phenomenal. This is something I would expect from MAC, not Maybelline. I wanted to keep my eyes simple as I had a bright lip but just wanted a little something, something!
Available from Boots £4.99

Mascara
Dior Diorshow Maximiser Lash Plumping Serum
This is like a primer for your eyelashes. Apply a coat of this white mascara before your usual mascara and it really boosts the volume in your lashes. I also find it increases the wear time of my mascara. 
Available from John Lewis £23.00

Lancome Hyponse Star Mascara
If I didn't use the Dior lash primer then I would have used a waterproof mascara to ensure my mascara stayed on all night. I just used my current favourite mascara which gives me lots of volume.
Available from Feel Unique £22.00

Lips

Lipgloss
MAC Pro Longwear Lipglass in Driven by Love
You all know how much I love a matte red lip, any kind of matte lipstick is going to last you all night but I wanted to use something a bit different. Now if you hate lipgloss because its sticky, then I can tell you now, you will hate this. These lip glosses have amazing lasting power because they are seriously sticky, the stickier a lip gloss the longer it lasts on your lips. If like me you are prepared to put up with these things in the name of beauty then you must try this colour, its beautiful.
Available from MAC £17.50

I cant believe tomorrow is my last party makeup post already :,(







No comments:

Post a Comment