Wednesday 18 December 2013

7 Party Makeup Looks: 4 The Vintage Vamp

I cant believe I'm on my fourth party makeup look already, I don't want it to end!

This look is inspired by Charlotte Tilbury's eyeshadow palette in Vintage Vamp. There are some beautiful purple/cranberry toned colours in there that I love. I wanted to do a slightly Gothic 1920's  look, with darker eyes and lips but like anything you need to make it your own and adapt the makeup to your taste.

Face

Foundation
MAC Studio Fix Fluid
I am not a massive fan of this foundation, mainly because it smells like paint but its what I would call a 'special occasion' foundation, because the coverage and lasting power are unrivalled. This is definitely not a foundation I would wear on a day to day basis. 
Don't be scared to ask for samples at makeup counters, especially if you are buying something already. If you can get a sample of this, you can use it for all your Christmas parties and save yourself some pennies!
Available from MAC £21.50

Concealer
Maybelline The Eraser Eye
As this foundation is quite heavy coverage I didn't need a concealer for blemishes but I feel like I always need a little something under the eyes to brighten them! I really like this concealer by Maybelline, nice light coverage and feels very hydrating but the packaging on mine is a bit rubbish and I think the twist cap is faulty :'( 
Available from Superdrug £7.99

Blush
NARS Dolce Vita Blush
I wanted a nice warm pinky/red on the cheeks and this was the perfect colour. You do need to be careful with NARS blushes though, as they are extremely pigmented. If you apply too much, just blend over the top with your foundation brush.
Available from John Lewis £21.50

Eyes

Eyebrows
Soap and Glory Archery
Available from Boots £10.00

Maybelline Brow Drama in Medium Brown
Available from Boots £4.99

Eyeshadow
Charlotte Tilbury Colour Coded Eyeshadow Palette in Vintage Vamp
I adore the colours in this palette. If like me you aren't the biggest fan of purple, don't be put off. The colours are much more red toned so really quite unique. I wanted a smoky 1920's eye with the darker lips but to make it more 'me' I did my favourite trick of smudging a lot of colour underneath my lower lash line. I know I go on about it a lot but that is honestly my favourite look. I don't like my makeup to look polished or neat, I much prefer it when it looks a bit more lived in, so this little trick instantly messes any look up!
Available from Selfridges £38.00

Mascara
Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara
I love the limited edition packaging for this mascara, designed by Alber Elbaz. I got this back in duty free when I went on holiday and although I really liked it at the time, its not waterproof and in sweaty Memphis I was getting some serious panda eyes. Side note - One of my favourite memories from Memphis was in the hotel lift when I moaned to my friend about how hot it was. This guy with the strongest Tennessee accent asked me to "say that again" and then said "I can tell you ain't from Tennessee girl". I seriously love a strong Southern accent and that practically made me go weak at the knees! Anyway back to the mascara.....This gives really good volume and now I'm back in cold old England it doesn't run on me, yay!
Available from Feel Unique £22.00

Lips

Lipstick
Revlon Black Cherry Lipstick
This is a very dark lipstick but if you are a bit scared of this, use it how I did. I applied this as a stain to my lips, by rubbing a bit on my fingers and patting it into my lips. This gives you a lighter version of the colour and I love how it stains your lips too.
Available from Boots £7.49

Tinted Lip Balm
Miners Tin o' Tint in Cherry
So my eyeshadow palette cost £38.00, my lip balm cost £2.99, you have to mix things up! I've said it before but I love this lip balm by Miners, the cherry colour is my perfect berry colour.
Available from Miners £2.99

If you missed the first three party looks catch up below





No comments:

Post a Comment