I have been looking forward to writing this post for months now, my top 13 makeup items of 2013.
It was hard narrowing down, but these 13 are the best of the best.
If you are interested to see my top picks from last year, you can read my Top 12 of 2012 here
Now, on with the lucky 13!
1. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation - I have gone through 3 bottles of this foundation, I think that is testament enough for this to make it into my top 13. Its so light it doesn't feel or look like you are wearing foundation and I have not found anything else that compares.
Available from Boots £32.00
2. Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage - There are only 3 products from last year that made it into this years top 13 and this is one of them. This concealer is a life saviour and will cover anything. It is quite pricey but will last you forever and the 2 colours are great for creating your own custom colour.
Available from Space NK £26.00
3. Jouer Sunswept Mattifying Powder Bronzer - This looks brand new because its my backup! I have already gone through one of these bronzers and cant bear to use this one just yet! I did a full review on this bronzer here but in summary its the perfect colour to warm my skin up. You might notice that I don't actually have any form of eyeshadow in my favourites and that is because for the majority of the year I used this bronzer as an eyeshadow as well.
Available from Cult Beauty £22.00
4. Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder in Candlelight - This is a very late contender but I have to include it. I have used this practically every single day since I bought it and it is the best highlighter I have ever found. Its very subtle but that's why I like it, as it looks much more natural than big chunks of glitter on your cheek. Although I own an absolutely ridiculous amount of makeup, I'm actually quite the creature of habit. If I find something I like I will use it religiously.
Available from Space NK £35.00
5. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - We have a love, hate relationship. I love that this controls the oil on my face and costs less than a fiver but I hate the cheap packaging and the fact it doesn't come with a mirror so I cant put it in my bag. Despite the rubbish packaging, this had to go in my favourites as it has been used consistently all year.
Available from Boots £3.99
6. Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Blush in Warm - You have no idea how long I waited to get my hands on this blusher! One epic trip to America later (not just for this blusher may I add) and its now one of my all time favourite blushers. I don't know if its the tacky but adorable packaging, or the pretty warm pinky/red colour but I love this.
Available from - America (booo) but if you are desperate you can hunt eBay or Amazon
7. Givenchy Hydra Sparkling Magic Lip and Cheek Balm - Another 2012 favourite returns. My favourite lip balm which is designed to adjust to your skins PH, giving everyone their own personal colour. This gives me the perfect pink rosy glow.
Available from House of Fraser £20.50
8. Dior Addict Lip Glow Colour Reviver Balm - Like the Givenchy balm, this is also designed to give you your own unique colour. Its a touch lighter than the Givenchy and I like that its in a lipstick, so you don't get your fingers dirty. I got through a tube of this in just over a month, it turned into a bit of an addiction!
Available from Debenhams £22.50
9. Burberry Lip Cover in English Rose - The third and final product which also appeared in my 2012 favourites. This is my favourite everyday, 'nude' lipstick. I have not found any other lipsticks which compare to this colour.
Available from John Lewis £22.50
10. Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple - How could I not include a Lip Butter in my favourites. I have been obsessed with these all year long. I love how moisturising these are and the colour range is awesome. In the end I opted for Candy Apple as you can't beat a sheer red.
Available from Boots £7.99
11. Benefit They're Real Mascara - I was very late in trying this mascara but 3 tubes later I am well and truly hooked. This gives me defined and lengthened lashes, which I love. The brush is perfect for getting the outer corner lashes and I feel like I'm wearing a pair of Ardell Demi Wispie Lashes when I wear this.
Available from Boots £19.50
12. Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel - Simply, the best brow gel ever. This clear gel keeps even the most unruly of brows in place.
Available from Illamasqua £11.50
13. Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette - I never thought I would replace my beloved Lingering by MAC but this brow pencil from Hourglass has well and truly kicked it to the curb. The angled pencil gives me the perfect, soft brow and the brush on the end is so handy!
Available from Space NK £26.00
There you have it, my 13 most loved makeup products of the year. Tomorrow I'll be posting my 13 favourite beauty products of the year (there was no way I could narrow the makeup down enough to combine the two!)