Wednesday 6 November 2013

OPI Mariah Carey Holiday 2013 Collection


I think its almost acceptable to start getting excited about Christmas now, although to be fair I get excited about Christmas all year round!

OPI have bought Mariah back for their Holiday collection and while I agree All I Want For Christmas Is You, is one of the best Christmas songs ever, OPI already did a Mariah collection! Imagine if OPI teamed up with Wizzard or Slade for a Christmas collection, now that would be amazing.

Anyway back to the nail polish, before I get anymore distracted watching Christmas songs on YouTube. 


Sleigh Ride For Two

Imagine a shimmery red hot chocolate (if possible) that's what Sleigh Ride For Two is like. I love colours like this, reminds me of my other favourite Charisma by Illamasqua. Formula is amazing, opaque in 2 coats



Underneath The Mistletoe

This is a glittery red jelly, very festive! I used 2 coats again, but I think a third coat would have made it even more sparkly and amazing



Sleigh Ride For Two and Underneath The Mistletoe are the 2 full size bottles I have. I then got the mini  set for my birthday. If you are stuck for Christmas present ideas, the mini OPI sets make great presents!

In the mini set you get: All Sparkly and Gold, Warm Me Up, Wonderous Star and Visions Of Love


Warm Me Up

I would describe this as a metallic cool toned brown, its almost slightly grey in some lights. Again good formula, although as this is a metallic finish you do get some brush stroke marks.



Visions Of Love

This is not a unique colour, but it is one of my favourite kind of colours. Think Chanel Rouge Noir/ Essie Wicked. This is a very dark red, which looks much better in real life than in the pictures. Again I did 2 coats and in these pictures it looks like it needs a third but in real life you are good to go with 2. Beautiful, timeless colour.



Wonderous Star

I am not a fan of this glitter on its own, it reminds me of salt and pepper. Think it would work layered over other colours though.



All Sparkly and Gold

Glitter nail polish is an absolute pig to remove but for a colour this sparkly I am prepared to go through that horror! I can already tell I will be wearing this a lot next month!



No comments:

Post a Comment