Sunday 17 November 2013

Face of the Day with MAC Rose and Tan Pigments

For Sundays face of the day I thought I would experiment with some of my more neglected items of makeup. I very rarely use pigments because they are so messy and either spill all over your table or all over your face, I ain't got time for that! But I was in the mood to play with makeup, so with a deep breath out came the pigments.....needless to say I spilt the Tan pigment all over my bed >_<

Face

DIOR Diorskin Nude Glow Complexion Enhancer - "So you're PMS'ing pretty bad huh?" My skin is not looking its best so I thought I would try this out, as I have never actually used it. This comes out a kind of scary bright peach colour but worn under your foundation its mean to give your skin a certain glow.....I'm not entirely convinced.

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation in B30 - I have been a foundation whore recently but every time I use this I'm reminded why its my favourite foundation. It feels so light on the skin, like you aren't even wearing anything.

Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer in Fair - One of my Sephora purchases. I wouldn't have bought this in the UK as its a lot of money for a concealer but I do enjoy using it. Its very high coverage and creamy, I just wish it was a little bit lighter for a more highlighted effect but Fair is the lightest colour they do.

Guerlain Terracotta Moisturising Bronzing Powder in 00 Makeup Artist 

Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder, Candlelight - Review here

Chanel Tweed Blush in Rose - I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have used this blush. I just feel its not very pigmented and even if I try to swatch it nothing really comes off, I will try persevering.

Eyes

Benefit Stay Don't Stray Eye Primer - Useless packaging but a really, really good eye primer.

MAC Pigment in Rose - Compared to other MAC pigments I have tried, this has a different texture. Its not as finely milled and its a bit more gritty, making it not as nice to apply. Rose is a very pretty pinky gold colour but on me I either have to only wear a little bit or mix it with something else, as it can all get a bit pink eye looking. 

MAC Pigment in Tan - This colour is what makes all the mess worth it. If I were to recommend one MAC pigment, it would be this one hands down. Applied over the top of Rose it gave a beautiful rose gold colour, this is one experiment I will definitely be trying again.

Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow in Toast - Things had got very shimmery and I wanted to tone them down just a little. I blended this in my crease and underneath my lower lash line.

MAC Extended Play Lash Mascara - I mentioned in yesterdays face of the day how much I love this mascara, definitely my new favourite.

MAC Lingering

Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel

Lips

Seventeen Mirror Shine Lipstick in Belle - These lipsticks have been re-packaged and look a lot more fancy now. You can tell how much I loved this from how little is left. For £4.79 these lipsticks are amazing, they leave a very glossy finish so aren't particular long lasting but are very pretty none the less.

Oh and excuse the hair, I slept with it in a bun and really should have washed it but its a lazy Sunday!


2 comments:

  1. I love the color combination in this FOTD! You look gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you, sometimes pigments are worth the hassle!x

      Delete