Sunday 24 November 2013

Face of the Day with Charlotte Tilbury The Vintage Vamp Colour Coded Eye Shadow Palette

World renowned make up artist, Charlotte Tilbury launched her very own makeup line this year to much acclaim. Charlotte was also responsible for helping create Tom Fords makeup line and I can definitely see some similarities between the two.

I knew I wanted to try one of her Colour Coded Eye Shadow Palettes but the problem was which one! In the end I opted for "Vintage Vamp" which was rather a spontaneous decision but sometimes my spontaneous decisions are my best!

The packaging as you would except is glamorous and sleek, I do love the modern twist though, with the little star etched on the mirror.
The colours aren't individually named but there are instructions on the back if you are the kind of person that likes to follow instructions. I really don't, so I just dipped my brush in and played around!

I have really enjoyed using this palette, the beautiful burnished plum colours create a really sultry eye look. I used the lightest colour all over my lid and in my inner corner, this is a really light and slightly metallic purple colour. With the same brush I then blended the next colour all along and slightly above my crease, I also blended all along my lower lash line taking the colour quite low down. Lastly I used the darkish purple in the outer corners of my eye and underneath the lower lash line again. I didn't use the gold colour at all as its quite glittery and I'm not in glitter mode yet!

All the colours were really easy to work with, highly pigmented and blended beautifully. The only exception being the gold glittery colour, which seems to be a whole lot of glitter and not a whole lot of colour.

Charlotte's line is available from Selfridges and there are so many eyeshadow palettes to chose from you will be spoilt for your choice. These are pricey at £38.00 but for all you make up lovers I'm sure you can justify the price!

Now onto the rest of the face

Face

Smashbox Photo Finish Blemish Control Primer - As much as I love Smashbox and their primers, I just don't think this one does do much in the way of blemish control, which is disappointing.

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer - I managed to salvage this from my younger brothers bedroom!

Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer - Because one concealer isn't enough? I used this as more of a highlight, down my nose, on the forehead and underneath the eyes.

Guerlain Terracotta Moisturising Bronzing Powder - No blush as the eye make up was heavy enough.

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candelight

Eyes

Hourglass Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette

Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel

Benefit Stay Don't Stray Primer

Charlotte Tilbury The Vintage Vamp Colour Coded Eye Shadow Palette

Benefit They're Real Mascara

Lips

Korres Lip Butter in Wild Rose

Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet


2 comments:

  1. this new line is everywhere in the beauty community! I really want to check it out!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had waited a while and read a few reviews before trying anything. Normally puts me off when everyone is raving about the same thing but I do love this palette! x

      Delete