Sunday 20 October 2013

Sunday Face of the Day with MAC Her Cocoa Eyeshadow Quad

I constantly change my makeup depending on what is currently inspiring me. I love makeup, its my art.

I love Autumn, just for the colour of the trees alone. I wish I lived in America, with those wide roads lined with red and orange trees. If Autumn was a decade, to me its the 70s and all I want to do right now is wear mustard coloured polo necks and watch old school horror films! So that was my inspiration for today's make up! I also wanted to use some of my old favourites that I have been neglecting.


DIOR Airflash CC Primer - Review here

Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in Real Sand - My favourite ever powder, I stopped using this over the Summer as its not the best for shine control, but cant wait to start using it again.

DIOR Skin Flash Radiance Booster Pen

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage - Covers like no other

MAC The Perfect Cheek Blush - Now I do love my red blushes but every now and then I want more of a subtle colour and this is my favourite.

MAC Forever Marilyn Beauty Powder - After snooping inside Chloe's makeup bag I was inspired to dig this out.

Jouer Sunswept Mattifying Powder Bronzer

MAC Lingering - After discovering the Brow Sculpting Pencil by Hourglass by much beloved Lingering was tossed aside. I still highly, highly recommend this eyebrow pencil especially if you want a more defined brow.

Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel

Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara - Review coming soon!

Benefit Stay Don't Stray - If you can get over the crappy packaging this is actually an amazing eye primer, my eye shadow stays perfect until I take it off at night.

MAC Her Cocoa Eyeshadow Palette - I'm just going to pretend this isn't from the Rihanna collection, don't judge me! The colours are perfect for a bronzey smudgy eye, which is exactly what I was feeling like today!


Brush on the left = PERFECT         Brush on the right = WILL BLEND NOTHING!

Now for a perfectly blended eyeshadow look you need a good brush. Not a sponge tip applicator, a proper blending brush. 

I recommend the MAC 217 blending brush as it will apply your eyeshadow and blend it at the same time. The brush on the right is a flat eyeshadow brush and will only place your eyeshadow, it wont blend it. These kind of brushes are better if you are applying say a glitter or a pigment in the centre of the lid as you can pack on the colour. You should then use a blending brush to blend out the edges.

You don't need both these brushes either, just get one decent eyeshadow blending brush! 


I like to take my eyeshadow really low under my eye and this is where the blending brush is perfect! I just used the darkest colour in the eyeshadow quad and applied below my lower lash line, leaving the brush to do the blending.

Finally for lips I used one of my favourite matte lipsticks, MAC "Velvet Teddy"

Now back to hibernating


2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Your looks are always so flawless. I was wondering what color your blush was? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that means so much! If you can still get that blush definitely do, its beautiful xx

      Delete