Sunday 11 August 2013

Travel Sized





























In 3 weeks and 1 day I will be in America, eek! It will be a busy trip as I'm going to Chicago, Memphis, San Diego and LA. I'm trying to pack relatively light, as we will be moving around and I'm sure my Sephora purchases will weigh my case down!

I have bought a few new beauty items for my trip, some of these are things I have wanted to try for a long time but they are all travel sized so won't take up too much space and saves me some money!








Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray - These ridiculously expensive Oribe sprays have got a lot of attention recently and I wanted to jump on that bandwagon!  I really don't do much with my hair, I don't even dry it. I just put some moroccan oil in the ends and leave it to dry naturally as I like to get some kind of natural wave. This is why the Wave and Shine Spray appealed to me, you can use it on dry or wet hair , spray it in and leave. No fuss, which is what I like when it comes to hair.
Now I will confess I have used this once already and I loved the results. It didn't feel like I had anything in my hair, it gave me lovely natural waves and volume and smells like a perfume! I tied my hair up that evening and when I took it down the next morning I really had some serious waves going on, so that would be my top tip to emphasise the results!

Bumble & Bumble The Surf Set - Can you see a running theme with the hair products? ;) I have been intrigued by the new Bumble & Bumble Surf Shampoo and Conditioner and this mini set from Boots seemed the best way to try it. Even better, I got it with my Boots points. I'm not taking any styling tools with me, no hairdryer, no tongs, no GHDs, no nothing! So I'm really hoping these combined with the Oribe spray will give me that wavy Califonia hair I'm hoping for!





























Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray - This is a tried and tested product which I love. I think I have got through 3 bottles of this stuff, its amazing keeps my makeup on all day. All you need to do is spray it before you apply your makeup and again afterwards. I have recently just finished a bottle, so instead of buying a full size bottle again I got the travel sized to take away. I found the travel size version quite hard to find and ended up getting it from Debenhams online for £9.00.

Caudalie Beauty Elixir - This is another product which gets a lot of attention, the full size is pricey at £32.00 and I wouldn't pay that, so this 30ml travel size for £11.00 seemed the ideal way to try it. Its basically a hydrating toner spray, with natural ingredients and a whole heap of skin benefit promises. I thought this would be nice to use on the plane as you always feel awful after a long haul flight. I don't expect miracles from this, but if I get them I'll report back!





























Smashbox Photo Finish Light Primer and Camera Ready BB Cream - I reviewed both of these here
While I don't think they are great value for the money, the actual product is really good and saves a lot of space in my makeup bag. My local Boots is now selling Smashbox products and I cant decide if its a blessing or a curse!

Back to the countdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment