Monday 12 August 2013

Face of the Day with Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Golden Pink

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm - I got a free sample of this and have been trying it out recently. Use it as you would a primer, before your foundation but the trick it not to rub it in. You have to try and smoothe it on your skin, with as few strokes as possible. I'm not sure what I think of this yet, can't say I have noticed a real difference but I still need some time to experiment with it!

Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation - You can read my full review on this here but its a foundation I always go back to, especially in Summer due to the high SPF.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Ah the cult status concealer in the beauty blogging and YouTube world. Its a good concealer, covers really well and blends in nicely. Not bad for £4.19

Jouer Mattifying Powder Bronzer in Sunswept - Again I have done a full review of this bronzer here but I have quickly fallen in love with this little guy and am now eager to try more Jouer products in order to build my very own lego makeup tower!

Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder in Transparent - This is a good powder for controlling shine but be careful as it can look cakey if you use too much. I use the duo fibre powder brush from Real Techniques with this.

NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base - By far my favourite eyeshadow base, blends into nothing and keeps my eyeshadow on all day.

Hourglass Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette - I think I can officially say this has overtaken my love for MAC's Lingering. This pencil is so easy to use and gives a really soft natural finish to your brows. No felt tipped brows here people.

Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel - The BEST eyebrow gel, clear mascara just doesn't compare. I use this to brush my brows up, it keeps them in place and makes them look a little groomed. If Julia Roberts is your brow hero too then try this!

Revlon Lash Potion - Full review here but in summary, don't be fooled by the pretty packaging!

Smashbox Bronze Lights in Suntan Matte - When I discovered that my local Boots now stocks Smashbox I knew it was going to be a problem! I have wanted to try this bronzer for a long time, its been on my radar for years as I remember Kim Kardashian's makeup artist listing it as the perfect matte bronzer. He was right, there is no shimmer in it at all. It blends seamlessly as the texture is so soft, like butter! I still cant stop wearing bronzer as an eyeshadow and I like using this on my eyes instead of the Jouer as its more red toned, so looks a little more natural.

Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow in Golden Pink - A couple of years ago I was definitely a MAC girl, you know the false lashes, the winged liner, changing your hair colour every other week. Well maybe its because I'm going to be 27 this year (gulp) or the fact that I haven't dyed my hair in over a year but I think I'm a Bobbi Brown girl now. I just love the woman, I love what her brand stands for, I love what she promotes. Natural beauty, makeup that emphasises the features you already have, doesn't alter them. 
My Mum is a big Bobbi Brown fan and always has been, but now we enable each other! My mum had  heard about the new Bobbi Brown cream shadow sticks and wanted to try them. I tagged along and it was love at first swatch. 

I wasted no time and grabbed the nearest Assistant "Can we have two of the Golden Pink". If you like MAC's All That Glitters eyeshadow you will love this. As this is a cream shadow in a stick format its so easy to use, you don't need a brush and can just blend out with your fingers. Its also perfect for an inner corner highlight, I love that it looks pretty and natural.  I was seriously impressed at how long lasting this was. That swatch on my wrist, would not come off without some serious rubbing from a baby wipe and it stays on my eyes all day without a primer and doesn't crease at all. I really can't recommend these enough, infact my Mum called me from her holiday, to tell me she bought another shade at the airport! (So proud!)

Smashbox Halo Long Wear Blush in Bloom - Again with the Smashbox and the Boots (argh) I love the colour of this blush, its a bright coral red colour (my two favourite colours combined how wonderful!) It gives a really natural flush to the cheeks and again I was impressed by how long it lasted on my skin. My only gripe is the packaging, you have to twist the lid and it kind of grates off the blush. Its just fiddly and I never grate off the right amount, plus it always leaks in my makeup bag. The only thing I like grating is parmesan!

Dior Addict Lipstick in 864 - My kind of lipstick, bright but sheer. Makes me look alive and looks good with the Halo blush!


No comments:

Post a Comment