Sunday 7 July 2013

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream and Photo Finish Light Foundation Primer

Smashbox are now doing travel sized versions of their primers and their new BB cream. I really wanted to try both but didn't want to spend £50+ so the travel sized versions seemed a great idea.

Now when these turned up I was shocked at just how small they were. I have the travel size Laura Mercier primer and that is 30ml, making the Smashbox products look like deluxe samples compared.

The full size Photo Finish Light is £25.00 for 30ml. The travel size version is £12.50 for 12ml.

The full size BB Cream is £27.00 for 30ml. The travel size version is £12.50 for £12.50 for 15ml.

Although Maths isn't my strong point I think we can agree that is not great value for money, however and this is a big however! I really love both these products and will definitely buy the full size versions when they run out.





























The Camera Ready BB Cream is by far the best BB cream I have tried and I have tried a fair few!
Its quite a thick consistency and its great if you have oily skin as its not as greasy as some BB creams are. I really like the coverage as its light and it doesn't look like I'm wearing a a face full of makeup but it covers my redness and evens my skin tone. If you did have a spot you would need concealer with this.
I was also really impressed by the lasting power, I have worn it every single day since I got it and its been pretty hot. Combined with the primer and a bit of powder where I need it, this lasts all day.
It also contains an SPF of 35 which I love.

I have never been wowed by a BB cream until now, I think this will be my Summer staple!

Word of warning on finding your shade, these seem to come up quite dark. I bought mine in the colour Light.

My Laura Mercier Radiance primer is coming to an end and I have had my eye on the Smashbox primers for a while after my friend Amelia gave them the thumbs up. This feels very different to the Laura Mercier primer, it has that silconey feel and leaves your skin feeling smooth. I know some people aren't keen on that but personally it doesn't bother me. I chose Photo Finish Light as its for people with oily, acney prone or sensitive skin.

The proof is in the pudding and this primer really delivers, my makeup lasts all day even on really sweaty days! I have even been swimming with this primer and BB cream combo and was pretty impressed at how well it lasted!

I really love both these products and will definitely buy the full size versions of both.

If you do want to try these and are interested in the travel sizes I purchased mine from Boots online. Smashbox have a whole range of primers to suit all different skin types so there will definitely be one for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment