Thursday 6 June 2013

Face Of The Day With Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara

I was so excited when Maybelline finally released their Mega Plush mascara in the UK, but the excitement soon faded. I love Maybelline mascaras, I think they are the best drugstore brand for consistently releasing new, exciting versions. I was hoping Mega Plush would be like my beloved
Full 'N Soft which is not available in the UK but you can track it down on eBay. Mega Plush promises a similar effect to Full 'N Soft, full but natural looking lashes which feel soft and not crispy. Unlike
Full 'N Soft there is not a waterproof version of Mega Plush. I imagine this is because of the formula and this is my main bug bear. Mega Plush lasts about 3 hours on me before smudging, which lets be honest is crap. I like how it looks, but I just cant wear it as it disappears on me! If you don't normally have a problem with mascara smudging and you like a more natural look I would definitely recommend tracking down Full 'N Soft over this.


















On the rest of my face we have:

Lancome Teint Miracle Foundation: I have used this mascara consistently over the past few months and have now finally finished it. This is a medium coverage foundation, which leaves a beautiful glowy finish on the skin.

MAC Prep & Prime Highlighter in Light Boost: A great yellow toned under eye concealer, which does not crease on me at all.

Laura Mercier Mineral Powder: I like to use this as a setting powder rather than a foundation. Its pretty much a staple for me and I don't think it has ever not been included in one of my Face of the Day posts.

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer: I am still trying to use this bronzer up, still! I swear the thing is never ending! I really, really want to try the Jouer bronzer but I just cant do it until I've used this thing up! I really have been slapping it on in a desperate bid ;)

NYX Cream Blush in Red Cheeks: I have really loved the blushes I got in my little NYX haul earlier this year. I love red blushes, I love cream blushes, whats not to love!

NARS Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base: My favourite eyeshadow primer, highly recommend.

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette: I only recently got this little palette and I really need to play around with it a bit more. If you are an eyeshadow newby this would be a great place to start.

MAC Eyebrow pencil in Lingering: My most favourite and best eyebrow pencil! I have just bought the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil and I'm keen to see how they compare.

Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel: I love this brow gel for making my eyebrows look natural, it really defines each individual hair so you don't get that awful felt pen brow look!

Burberry Rosy Red Lip Mist: Burberry's Lip Mist's offer a sheer swipe of colour and you all know I love a sheer red lip. Rosy Red is one of my favourites.





No comments:

Post a Comment