Saturday 1 June 2013

A little trip to Selfridges





























I got some exciting new beauty bits last month and with my Internet back in action I can finally share them with you.

I headed off to Selfridges with a plan. I had used up my bottle of Maison Martin Margiela's Funfair Evening and wanted to try another scent from his Replica range, which is exclusive to Selfridges. Hence the trip! I picked up Beach Walk and just in case you missed it, I did a post about it yesterday

I finally managed to find the beauty emporium in Selfridges and couldn't resist making a few extra purchases! I have really been enjoying my Stila Convertible Colour's lately and there was one more on my wish list, Fuschia. This is a lovely pink colour, its not as bright as I expected but it really brightens up my face when I wear it, a very pretty, feminine colour.

Another brand exclusive to Selfridges is Kure Bazaar. Kure Bazaar's nail polishes are made from 85% natural ingredients and I was immediately drawn to this colour, Or Rose. I love this rose gold colour, for comparison its a little lighter than Orly's Rage.



 Bumble and Bumble's Surf Spray is a cult beauty item which I have wanted to try for years. In fact I don't know why its taken me this long to try it! I didn't want to splash out on the big bottle, so when I saw this mini bottle in Boots for £10 I snapped it up! Sadly I have been left unimpressed by Surf Spray.  The concept is simple, a sea salt spray to give your hair a natural beachy, textured wave. I find Surf Spray doesn't give my hair much wave at all. It leaves my hair feeling weighed down and is horrible to touch. Now I could deal with that, if it gave me Jennifer Aniston hair, but it doesn't...it just makes my hair look like it needs a wash :( Glad I only picked up the mini bottle!

From one disappointing item to another surprisingly good item. Last months Elle magazine came with a free mini tube of Benefit's They're Real Mascara. Now I don't normally jump on the magazine freebie band wagon but this seemed like a pretty good deal and I was intrigued to try the mascara. Plus Miley Cyrus was on the cover of Elle and I have already confessed my love for Miley here
Anyway, I used up every drop of that mini tube and fell in love with this mascara. It gives me defined, long lashes and I love the torture ball end for winging out my outer corner lashes. Also I usually always have to buy waterproof mascara's but They're Real doesn't budge on me, so an extra thumbs up for that!

My weak moment, Urban Decay's Naked Basics Palette. I really didn't need this, yet I bought it! I felt the need to complete my Naked palette collection and convinced myself I needed this! Now if you aren't a beauty hoarder like myself this would be a great item to own but I am a make up hoarder and need another eyeshadow palette like I need a hole in the end! These eyeshadows are all buttery soft and of really good quality, I just wish the colours were a little warmer. I do love a warm brown ;) I'm hoping to play around with this a bit more and Ill make sure I do a face of the day with it soon.

Annnnd finally my eBay Nail polish obsession has died down but every now and then I do get sucked back in and I really do love blue nail polish! Welcome OPI's Suzi Says Feng Shui.






No comments:

Post a Comment