Tuesday 16 April 2013

Revlon Lip Butters, A Love Affair

Left to Right: Creme Brulee, Strawberry Shortcake, Sweet Tart, Sorbet, Berry Smoothie, Juicy Papaya, Tutti Frutti, Wild Watermelon and Candy Apple

When it come to makeup, I lose all self control. This is probably one of the reasons I don't like watching those "hoarder" programs, I get visions of myself as an old lady drowning in a tower of lipstick and rouge! Now I seem to think that Revlon Lip Butters are like Pokemon cards, "gotta catch them all" and out of nowhere I seem to have amassed quite the little collection!

When Revlon's Lip Butters were first released in the UK, I had no interest in them at all. In fact I was kind of sick of seeing them on every Americans YouTube video and blog, so when they finally did released here, I decided to shun them. And look at me now, riding that wagon for all its worth!

I cant remember why I eventually caved and tried one, but I am so happy that I did! I can honestly say that these are my all time favourite lipsticks. Since discovering these I have barely touched my MAC lipsticks and I don't see that changing. I love bright but sheer colours on my lips and I hate lip goss but love lip balms. If that sounds like you, then trust me you will love these!







Creme Brulee - See this is why I don't wear nude lipsticks! I just look so washed out, I wish I could wear them but I think this picture just reaffirms my views! If you are a nude lip fan definitely try Creme Brulee as it really is a pretty colour, just looks pretty crap on me. I tend to wear this over brighter colours to either tone them down or over a matte lipstick to give more of a glossy finish.








Strawberry Shortcake - A pale pink, which again doesn't look great on me (you can see why I like my brighter colours) I think this would look great on blondes!









Sweet Tart - We are getting there, I'm looking a little more alive! Sweet Tart is a gorgeous bright soft pink colour. This looks really pretty paired with a bright pink cream blush.











Sorbet - One of the new shades which Revlon has just released. Sorbet is another bright pink but darker than Sweet Tart. I think I will be wearing this a lot in the Summer months.










Berry Smoothie - Now we are getting into my real faves! Berry Smoothie is a plummy pink colour, this is my kind of 'nude' lipstick. If you are brunette and looking for a more natural nude, I highly recommend Berry Smoothie.











Juicy Papaya - Another of the newest shades and my most recent addition. I definitely gravitate more towards reds and oranges than pinks so the next 4 shades are my very favourites. Juicy Papaya is a lovely soft coral colour which really surprised me. I was worried it would be too pale but it looks lovely on the lips, a good one to throw on in the day without a mirror.












Tutti Frutti - Now we are in my top three! Tutti Frutti looks a lot brighter in the tube then it does on the lips, which is a good thing! I can see this being another one of my summer companions!











Wild Watermelon - The last of the new shades and my second favourite. Wild Watermelon is a sheer red with a hint of coral. I have worn this an awful lot considering I only got it a week or so ago. I think it may be a contender for my number one spot in a few months.

Candy Apple - My favourite of my favourites! Picking my number one colour was pretty easy when I based it on the amount of use they had all got. I have worn Candy Apple for about 2 months straight! You know I love sheer red lips so Candy Apple is right up my street. As we head into the warmer months I think I will be reaching for more of the orangey tones but I wont be leaving this baby unloved for long!



So now I just sit and wait for Revlon to release new shades!


No comments:

Post a Comment