Tuesday 2 April 2013

March Favourites





























I am very selective when it comes to selecting products for my monthly favourites, which is why I don't always do a favourites post every single month. March however was pretty easy for me, as I have used the same products all month long. If you read this post then you will already have seen some of these products and yes I am still watching Prison Break, (Season 2 now!)

The foundation I have been religiously using is Lancome's Teint Miracle. I got this a while ago but I am a fickle being and was soon onto my next foundation. Now I have given this a good road test and I have to say I am thoroughly impressed. I love the finish of Teint Miracle, its dewy without being shiny and lasts all day on me when paired with my Urban Decay De Slick. Far better lasting power then Chanel foundations.

Stila Convertible Colour in Poppy has been my multi functional product of the month. I have used this beautiful red shade as a blush all month long and as a lip stain. I love multi functional products, they make life so much easier, I would recommend wearing a lip balm over the top of this though as it can be quite drying. I definitely want to try more of the Stila Convertible Colours now and recently picked up Gladiola so will make sure to review that baby soon!
To apply Poppy I have been using the Real Techniques Stippling Brush, there's a reason everyone loves the Real Technique brushes!






























I know I featured MAC's Lingering in last months favourites, but if it 'aint broke don't fix it'. The best eyebrow pencil (in my opinion!)

I have used MAC's Pro longwear eye shadow in 'The One To Watch' all month long. I love this colour, I slap it all over my lid and under my bottom lashes with a fluffy eyeshadow brush. I like that its quite a grungy, 90s colours but muted enough to wear in the day. I have been pairing this with MAC's 'Ricepaper' eye shadow, which I use in the inner corner and as a highlighter on the rest of my face. I told you I like my multi functional products!

This year I have discovered some really great mascaras and MAC's Opulash was a rediscovery for me. I normally always have to buy waterproof mascara as otherwise I end up with panda eyes by about 4pm but Opulash lasts on me all day and I mean all day! It also gives some pretty dramatic results, I love this so much that I just ordered 2 more in the limited edition Betty and Veronica packaging (sorry, not sorry!) Also on a side note, Opulash is around about the £14.00 mark and my beloved L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic is £10.99. £3.00 difference, it shocks me how much a 'drugstore' mascara is these days.

Underneath my Opulash I have been wearing the Dior Diorshow Maximiser. Now this isn't an essential but I really think it helps my mascara last and gives more dramatic results.

Finally my last favourite is a nail polish. I wore this nail polish for the majority of last summer but it had been neglected throughout Winter until now. This is the brightest, shiniest red nail polish EVER and trust me I have a lot of red nail polish! May I present to you.......OPI's Red Light's Ahead, Where. My all time favourite red nail polish and possible my all time favourite nail polish in general. If like me, you don't like blue reds then you must listen to me and get this. Its just the best orange/red and whenever I wear this I get a lot of compliments on my nails, with people asking if its Shellac. I have tried to wean myself of it this week but I'm reaching for the nail polish remover as we speak!





No comments:

Post a Comment