Monday 22 April 2013

Face of the Day with Burberry Gold Trench and Revlon Strawberry Suede









I can definitely say I have finally found my makeup "look". I feel like my experimentation years are over and I finally feel a lot more comfortable in my own skin.

I love applying my make up every morning, for me it will never be a chore and I would never skip it, it calms me! But I don't have a lot of time in the morning, at the moment I have to set at least 3 alarms just to wake myself up! Can you tell I hate my job?! So simplifying my makeup makes things a lot easier.

My tip is to pick the feature on your face you like the most, don't worry about the things you don't like. Just concentrate on your best feature then play it up, work what your mother gave you ;) If you have a strong brow bone make sure your eyebrows are defined, you don't even need to bother with eyeshadow just mascara. If you're blessed with naturally big lips wear a bright tinted lip balm and blush. If you have beautiful big brown eyes, skip the liquid liner and use a kohl pencil instead. Smudge it out so it really intensifies your eyes. Once you find the feature you like the most and emphasise it you will forget about the features you are not so keen on. And remember your feature could be your skin, I am so jealous of those of you with freckles. Don't cover them up with a heavy foundation, let them show through!

For me my favourite feature is my eyes so my makeup revolves around them. I always wear some form of bronzey/gold warm toned eyeshadow and I blend it all over my lid and all underneath my lower lash line, really messily. I use warm browney/orange tones as they are the opposite colour to blue on the colour wheel so they will make the blue stand out more. Same for blush and lip colour, I always use a red that has an orange tone it warms my face and brings the attention back to my eyes and away from all the other things I don't want you focusing on ;)

Although my routine tends to stays the same I am always trying different products;

 My current base is Lancome's Teint Miracle. This foundation has a really beautiful finish, its a medium coverage foundation but can be built up or sheered out depending on how you apply it.

One thing that does stay the same is my powder. I love the Laura Mercier Loose Mineral Powder. It gives me a bit of extra coverage so I can skip concealing and it just makes my skin glow.

For bronzer I am still working my way through my Too Faced Chocolate Soleil, again I tend to favour quite warm toned bronzer's.

My under eye concealer varies and at the moment I am using the MAC Prep & Prime Highlighter in the shade "Light Boost" I like this and it doesn't crease but I don't think you need to spend a lot of money on under eye concealers and the Maybelline and L'Oreal Lumi ones are just as good.

Again my blush shade varies on my mood but 9 times out of 10 its going to be some form of red/orange colour. At the moment I am using the NYX powder blush in Red which I love. NYX's blushes are amazing and if you like brighter colours you need to check them out.

Along with my powder my eyebrow products are always the same. MAC Lingering eyebrow pencil and Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel. I love that Lingering looks natural and doesn't give you the dreaded Scouse brow!

For eyes I normally use the NARS pro prime base to ensure my eye shadow stays on all day long but for a change I thought I would use Urban Decay Primer Potion. I think with eye shadow primers you just need to find the one that works best for you.

So while my general shade of eyeshadow always stays the same, I am always trying different brands and shade variations. Burberry's eye shadows are some of my favourites and for the make up look I like, smudgy, a bit grungy, they are ideal. Almond by Burberry is probably my most well used and I had forgotten I even owned Gold Trench, so it was an exciting rediscovery. Gold Trench is a natural soft golden brown with shimmer. I blended that all over my lid and underneath my lower lashes with a MAC 217 brush.

To finish off the eyes I need a shit load of mascara. I love Maybelline's Full 'N Soft as it keeps my lashes looking natural and doesn't leave them all clumpy and crispy.

Last but by no means least we have lips. I have my favourites and they all tend to be some form of sheer red! Revlon's Matte lipstick in the shade "Strawberry Suede" is an amazing reddy coral colour that for some unknown travesty has been discontinued! I'm still trying to understand why as the colour is beautiful! If you really are desperate to get your hands on it you can always try searching eBay.





























Its quite funny I have been trying to get my hair back to its natural colour and haven't dyed it in almost a year, you can see how dark the ends are in this picture, I'm sure its not that noticeable in real life! Ahh the joys of over processed ends hey!











No comments:

Post a Comment