Monday 4 March 2013

The Beauty Graveyard

 I was quite shocked to see I hadn't done a Beauty Graveyard post since October, poor show! I had actually used up a lot of products since then but I got so fed up of them lying around, that I recycled them and didn't post, kind of regretting that now!

So without further adieu may I present to you my empties! Oh and the "*" represent how many times a product has appeared in my Beauty Graveyard posts. Basically, the more *'s the more I love it!

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation (Shade B10)
I got this when it was first released, I was that excited. Got to my nearest Chanel counter and surprise, surprise there was no on there to serve me. As this foundation was new out it was on display but there were only four shades. With no one around to help me I assumed this was the paltry shade range on offer and picked the lightest B10. Let me tell you I hated this foundation, the colour was so chalky, I could not understand why everyone kept banging on about it. Then I discovered there were a lot more than 4 shades on offer and made the brave (or extremely stupid) decision to buy another bottle, this time in a colour that matched my skin (B20) and I'm glad I did. I ended up loving this foundation (still not this colour though!) it really is a lovely, natural, lightweight foundation. Just goes to show how important it is to get a good colour match with your foundation!

Laura Mercier Mineral Powder (Shade Natural Beige) **
I am now on my third pot of this powder and its definitely one of the products I would never be without. I still have not found a liquid foundation I like half as much as this powder. This gives my skin the glowy finish that I just cant seem to get from other liquid foundations.

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer
One of my favourite discoveries from 2012, don't waste your money on YSL's Touche Eclat. This little beauty does a much better job at a quarter of the price!

L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic Mascara (Waterproof) **
This is one of the reasons I love doing my Beauty Graveyard posts, you really get to see the products you love and regularly use. Again another 2012 favourite, a bloody brilliant mascara.


Yes to Tomatoes Clear Skin Daily Balancing Moisturiser
I love the Yes to brand philosophy of cruelty free and natural ingredients. I would love all the products I use to be like this. This moisturiser wasn't particularly amazing, it wasn't bad but just so, so. Can't say I noticed my skin being clearer, but this hasn't put me off the brand at all. In fact I have fallen in love with another of their products which will be in my February favourites (whenever I manage to get that up!)

O.P.I Acetone Free Polish Remover
I noticed a real improvement in my nails after using this. I had been using a cheap remover and because I paint my nails so often they were weak, peeling and just generally ugh! As soon as I started using this my nails improved, the only thing I really hate about this is the smell. Now I know nail varnish remover never smells good, but this stuff is so strong. I have to wash my hands after using it, its that bad!

Aveda Pure Abundance Volumising Clay Conditioner
I was really disappointed in this conditioner, I had such high hopes *sigh* Not particularly volumising, or conditioning. Definitely not worth the money.

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair **
I got through another of these little sample bottles. This is a serum which you apply to your face at night (funnily enough). In the morning I find my skin is smooth and has a certain "glow" to it. I doubt I would buy the full size bottle of this though as its a lot of money and I don't know if I like it that much to fork out £40.00!

L'Occitane Hand Cream
This was a freebie in a magazine, Marie Claire I believe. I didn't use this for ages because I thought it would be really thick and sticky on the hands. Now I cant say its not at all sticky, because honestly who has ever found a hand cream that isn't! But it did actually sink in really nicely and the smell is divine, your hands will smell like babies! This is definitely something I would purchase myself. Way better then the Soap and Glory hand cream which I am currently using and not liking at all (ridiculously sticky!)





























E45 Moisturising Lotion ****
You know I like to keep things simple with my body moisturiser and for a fiver you cannot go wrong with E45!

Jack Wills English Velvet Body Wash
English Velvet by Jack Wills is actually one of my favourite perfumes, and no I'm not 15 (sadly). I got the English Velvet Body Wash for Christmas and it really was a lovely stocking filler. I love this scent so it was nice to layer it and this didn't leave my skin feeling dry at all. Lets hope I find it at the bottom of my stocking this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment